Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
Zum is seeking a dynamic and relationship building Dispatcher/Customer Relations Representative to serve as a liaison between our company and the school district transportation office. In this role, you will be responsible for cultivating positive relationships, addressing concerns, and ensuring a smooth communication flow between Zum and the Seattle Public Schools District Transportation Office.
Key responsibilities would include providing exceptional customer service to the school district transportation office staff, addressing inquiries quickly, resolving issues, and managing complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Direct and monitor daily assignments; schedule drivers and assign vehicles to ensure daily coverage of all routes
- Ensure direct and indirect daily activities of drivers are assigned and accomplished on time
- Communicate all relevant details of driving assignments to drivers to ensure proper execution
- Assist drivers with routing directions and direct them to perform special services when required
- Respond to emergency calls, facilitate emergency response network, coordinate mechanical service repair, and assign replacement buses and drivers when there is a problem on a route
- Notify stakeholders and location personnel of all changes in route assignments, emergency situations, accidents, breakdowns, or any other event that will disrupt service
- Maintain route documentation and records (relevant contract requirements, customer information, route changes, relevant maps, vehicle details, bus assignments, driver details) for the purpose of providing accurate and reliable information to customers and complies with district and state requirements
- Coordinate vehicle service and mechanical repairs with the Maintenance Supervisor to assure uninterrupted service delivery
- Maintain high compliance to dispatch standard operating procedures
- Handle customer concerns and requests for information in an expeditious and professional manner
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as appropriate
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook; and knowledge of basic office equipment
- Demonstrated ten-key and data entry skills; with the ability to maintain accuracy and speed
- Basic clerical and math skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, preferably in word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent oral communication skills to respond and present professionally to callers and visitors
- Prioritization, organization, coordination, and time management skills to develop and maintain manual and computerized filing systems, coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines, and apply protocols to coordinate the flow of materials and correspondence in the Department
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and diplomatically handle a wide range of demanding inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources
The targeted base salary range for this role is listed in the compensation section below. Actual salary may be above or below this range based on factors such as location, skills, and relevant experience. In addition, this position may include additional compensation in the form of bonus, equity, or commissions. If you are a full-time salaried or hourly worker, we offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Holidays, Wellness, Vacation, and more. The targeted pay range for this role is $42/Hr
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.