Senior Director, Accounting
YipitData is the leading market research and analytics firm for the disruptive economy and most recently raised $475M from The Carlyle Group at a valuation over $1B.
We analyze billions of alternative data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
For three years and counting, we have been recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces. We are a fast-growing technology company backed by The Carlyle Group and Norwest Venture Partners. Our offices are located in NYC, Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, Seattle, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, and Singapore. We cultivate a people-centric culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
About The Role:
We are looking to add an experienced Senior Director of Accounting to lead, support, and oversee the entire Accounting function, including corporate accounting, consolidations, financial reporting, accounts payable and centralized billing & collections. The Senior Director of Accounting reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with a team of 7+ direct and indirect reports. This position will work closely with the CFO and will have frequent interactions with Executive Management.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), one of our office hubs (Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, or Seattle), or anywhere else in the US. However, depending upon where the remote work is performed, income could be subject to New York State tax withholding.
As Our Senior Director of Accounting, You Will:
- Guide, manage and mentor the corporate accounting team and department
- Plan, develop and direct all corporate accounting activities for the entities affiliated with the company to include producing consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and accounting standards, including GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) or IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Develop and improve technical accounting policies and procedures for the global corporate entities, including transfer pricing, wholly owned foreign enterprises, etc.
- Oversee corporate level accounting functions (e.g. centralized billing and collections, enterprise accounts payable) including the preparation of appropriate journal entries and accounting reports for the corporate entities
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future earnings or expenses, ensuring that the reports are accurate and completed on time
- Coordinate with the CFO and Executive Management in the development of appropriate managerial reports and provide strategic recommendations
- Guide financial decisions for the corporate entities by monitoring and enforcing accounting procedures and internal controls environment
- Collaborate with FP&A, Revenue Operations, Product Operations, HR, Legal, and other departments to drive cross-functional initiatives (e.g. sales commissions, payroll, forecasting, contract reviews, insurance)
- Analyze, implement, and own accounting and finance software
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to improve financial efficiency and accuracy
- Coordinate the external audits for all corporate entities, ensuring complete and timely responses to audit requests
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (third parties currently prepare related tax returns and audits - though we plan to hire a Tax Manager to build an internal Tax function reporting to the Senior Director of Accounting); develop tax strategies and optimize the organization's tax position
- Partner with the Treasury Manager to ensure weekly Accounts Payable funding requirements are met in addition to partnering on other treasury-related responsibilities (e.g. cash flow forecasting, banking relationships)
- Facilitate and supervise the preparation of all ad-hoc reports
- Support and work with the CFO as required and contribute to additional responsibilities as assigned
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Masters degree optional)
- You have a CPA, which is required and must be active
- You have 12-15 years of global accounting experience, specifically a combination of public accounting experience (4-8 years including Big 4 audit experience) and private accounting experience (4-8 years)
- You are a team player who is intellectually curious and has a roll-up your sleeves mindset
- You have experience guiding, managing, and mentoring a team
- You have ERP systems and process improvement experience, including experience with NetSuite and Adaptive
- You are proficient in MS Office
What We Offer:
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits, perks, equity, and a competitive salary:
- The annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $200,000. The final offer will be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's individual work experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks. This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income will be subject to New York State tax withholding.
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, flexible vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
Please note that for this position, we are not able to consider candidates who currently or in the future will require visa sponsorship.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.