- Lead audits with external auditors (e.g., lead technical accounting areas, memorandums, organize responses to PBCs, write footnotes to financial documents, and drive a well-organized process to ensure accurate and timely filings).
- Preparation of US GAAP disclosure checklists to ensure compliance of external financial statements and disclosures.
- Prevent inaccuracies in and maintain reliability of financial documents by setting up and maintaining internal control systems and embracing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Work with accounting staff to facilitate end-to-end, timely and accurate financial reporting processes at each subsidiary and on a consolidated basis.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations, P&L and balance sheet flux and variance analysis.
- Improve processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and GL activities, specifically around intercompany allocations.
- Lead continuous process improvement projects, provide meaningful proposals and drive implementation.
- Assist both the CFO and the Director of Accounting in the establishment of a scalable firm-wide accounting function.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators (including FINRA, SEC) and auditors by analyzing, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with accounting software, system vendors, and consultants as required and make recommendations as to ways we can automate and enhance our accounting operations through the implementation of new systems.
- 9-12 years of experience, some public company experience and/or taking a company public is a plus.
- BA/BS required in Finance or Accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
- Series 27 or willingness to get licensed is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, NetSuite, Bill.com, Carta, Expensify.
- You have expert technical knowledge of US GAAP, technical accounting, PCAOB Audit standards/requirements, SEC reporting, COSO internal control framework, and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience with multiple subsidiaries, intercompany allocations/eliminations.
- In depth knowledge and experience with ASC 606/ ASC 842 / ASC 718 / ASC 350.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Shown ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to communicate to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Ability to problem-solve and actively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Enthusiasm to apply technology to business processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects while simultaneously demonstrating creativity and judgment.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.