What you will be doing:
- Designing, building, and maintaining functionality on a large-scale distributed system serving millions of people per day.
- Writing new features, tools and services in Go and PHP.
- Improving reliability and performance of core components and existing systems.
- Writing unit and service tests for all your code.
- Defining best practices and providing mentorship and support to other engineers.
- Researching and implementing new technology to solve tomorrow’s scaling issues.
- Advocating for the adoption of tools across the engineering org.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in a prior software development role
- You develop scalable, robust, and maintainable code
- You are skilled in Go and PHP
- You’ve worked with cloud platforms as a service (AWS, GCP, etc.) for at least 1 year
- You know how to use Docker
- You’ve used container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or ECS
- You’re an excellent communicator
- You have experience in comprehending complex, custom-built codebases, and a history of thorough feature testing and migration
- You are comfortable in both static and dynamic languages and don’t mind switching between them
- You enjoy working with a team but have no problem working independently
- Nothing makes you happier than a hard problem solved well (and has “just the right” amount of documentation)
Bonus Points For:
- You have experience with monitoring distributed systems at scale
- You have exposure to Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform & Ansible
- You have or are currently mentoring other developers