Sales Engineering Enablement Lead
Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada is building a world class SE team, and at the forefront of their success is their onboarding and enablement experience. We are seeking a highly organized and efficient Sales Engineering Enablement Lead to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the logistics and onboarding process for new SEs as well as their continued success. You will work closely with new hires to ensure that they are fully trained and equipped with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful in their roles. You will join a team of highly motivated people delivering impactful results for the company.
To be successful in this role you need a great level of attention to detail and creative problem solving skills. The goal of this role is to become well acquainted with Verkada’s product portfolio and make sure our SEs have all of the tools they need to be successful.
- Own and manage a cohort of new hires through the 3-week onboarding program, where you will coordinate, facilitate, and train new hires to be successful solutions engineering.
- Ensure all onboarding logistics are in line before, during and after each onboarding cohort to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for the entire SE department.
- Become familiar with the content and have a solid understanding of our products, sales motion, and methodologies in order to further develop and help deliver training materials, including product demos and technical material, as well as certify onboarding SEs on their own learning.
- Assist with identifying opportunities to develop new tracks as the department and company develop.
- Monitor and track progress of new SEs during their onboarding period, and communicate feedback effectively to new SEs as well as their managers as needed.
- Help enable the SE team beyond onboarding, running trainings sessions on new products and features as they are released. Build collateral to support those new products for future reference.
- Maintain hardware and software environments for the SE team to build and troubleshoot with.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university.
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing/switching devices. No experience with products related to physical security or cloud-based video necessary: we can teach you.
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Passion for teaching people new concepts, skills and programs.
- 1+ years relevant work experience in sales, sales training, or related field.
- Primarily a self-starter, but you aren’t afraid to ask for direction.
- A knack for outlining processes in the simplest way possible in a fast-paced environment.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
See more open positions at Verkada
Something looks off?