Contract: PHP Developer
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to large, Fortune 100 enterprises with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.8 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
This is an engagement through Upwork’s Hybrid Workforce Solutions (HWS) Team. Our Hybrid Workforce Solutions Team is a global group of professionals that support Upwork’s business. Our HWS team members are located all over the world.
- Working on our internal back office tooling application in PHP code to migrate the backend API calls
- Actively reach out to cross-functional domains to sort out the dependencies
- Write quality code with good test coverage
- Support production releases and issue triaging
- This is a fixed 6-month long contract position
- You will need to overlap at least 3 working hours with the PT time zone.
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Required strong knowledge of PHP, PHP Zend Framework, and jQuery
- Required experience with Typescript, REST API, GraphQL, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Docker for build and deployment workflows, Apache Thrift, PHP Composer, and Linux CLI
- Also nice to have knowledge of Vue.js, Angular 2+, Java 8/11, Perl, Nodes.js microservices, and Node.js process managers
- You should also have the following soft skills to succeed in your projects:
- Strong communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Empathy and user-centric thinking
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To learn more about how Upwork processes and protects your personal information as part of the application process, please review our Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice