Community Engagement & Events Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
With a vision to build a data-driven ecosystem that drives resources to impact, UpMetrics empowers organizations with the knowledge and the tools to accelerate the impact of their mission. Through platform and team, the mission-driven company empowers organizations to collect, analyze, and learn from data to gain insights, drive impact, and inspire change. UpMetrics combines a cutting-edge impact analytics and reporting platform with top-tier professional services to help partners define their narrative and create positive change.
Reports to: Senior Director of Community Strategy
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Community Engagement & Events Manager (CEEM) to join our dynamic team (and new department) at UpMetrics. As a CEEM, you will play a crucial role in managing cross-department events and community engagement programs that align with UpMetrics’ goals and values. You will be responsible for the logistical planning, promotion, and delivery of various types of events that support the Community, Marketing, and Customer Success departments across UpMetrics, including industry conferences, webinars, networking dinners, customer meetups, learning sessions, and more, as well as helping foster a sense of belonging, engagement, and collaboration among attendees and community members.
If you are passionate about building communities, delivering engaging and impactful events, and are a strong facilitator with a proven track record in event & program management, we encourage you to apply.
- Community Program Development & Engagement
- Support the implementation of community programs that address the needs and interests of our diverse community members, as created by the Director of Community.
- Assist with research to identify trends, opportunities, and best practices in community program management.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with community (clients) members, stakeholders, and partners.
- Facilitating communication, collaboration, and engagement among community members through various channels, including events, online forums, and social media.
- Managing member relationships and responding to inbound emails.
- Event Planning and Logistics
- Supporting the planning and execution of various types of events across the organization through activities such as researching and selecting locations, securing and coordinating with external vendors, and organizing teammate participation.
- Ensuring we have the necessary assets to support a successful event, including presentations, handouts, swag, etc.
- Track and manage event registrations and attendance within Salesforce.
- Event Marketing
- Managing the design and set-up of event marketing assets such as registration landing pages, invite lists, invite emails, and more.
- Supporting the design and creation of various event materials in coordination with the marketing team, including banners, handouts, booth materials, and more.
- Support timely follow-up with attendees post-event.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Track and analyze key performance indicators to measure the success and impact of events and community programs, including reporting on community metrics.
- Prepare regular reports for stakeholders, highlighting achievements, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Collaborate with internal teams (CS, Marketing, Outreach), external organizations, and community leaders to enhance program effectiveness.
- Managing the selection and positioning of UpM cohort offerings to prospective nonprofit partners.
- Maintain strategic partnerships that contribute to the growth and sustainability of community initiatives.
- Advocacy and Representation
- In partnership with the Sr. Director of Community, ensure UpMetrics is represented in community forums, public events, and meetings with external partners.
- Advocate for the needs and interests of the community within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- This position requires occasional travel as needed (1/qtr estimate) to support project implementations and client engagements.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., community development, communications).
- Proven experience in community program management, event planning, or related roles (5+ years).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to facilitate conversations in person and virtually.
- Empathetic approach to understanding the concerns and needs of community members
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proactive approach in anticipating and addressing potential issues before they arise
- Networking skills rooted in relationship building within our client base and outside the company
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and reporting.
- Passion for community building and a deep understanding of community dynamics in the social sector (nonprofits, education, etc.).
- Creative approach to engaging content, organizing events, and coming up with innovative ways to foster a sense of community
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First — Collaboration is key. We support each other, respect each other’s strengths, varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client Focused — Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity — We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve — We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let's Go! — To create positive change, we never settle. In uncharted territory, we embrace challenges as opportunities, take ownership, and strive for excellence.
Compensation & Benefits
- $80,000 -$105,000 annual salary based on experience
- Equity incentive plan
- 70% employer-paid health insurance for employees and family
- Dental and vision insurance
- Fully paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Fully paid Short- and Long-term Disability insurance
- Unlimited time off policy, plus paid holidays and monthly Wellness Fridays
- Parental leave policy
- FSA plan, lifestyle spending account (LSA) for eligible professional development and wellness expenses, and Employee Assistance Program via The Hartford
- 401K plan
- Remote work equipment
- Annual company retreat and quarterly virtual company events
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women/other underrepresented individuals only apply when they meet 100% of them. We believe that people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities. If you think you have what it takes, possess transferable skills, and are quick to learn, but don’t necessarily satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification, we would love to hear from you!
UpMetrics is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UpMetrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People Operations team at email@example.com