Sales Development Representative
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Upgrade needs a Sales Development Representative to join our North American sales team. This team is responsible for bringing new partners and their contractors to our platform, where our payment options can help their customers cover costs over time to finally start their dream project. This role will allow the SDR to contribute well beyond the scope of a normal SDR role, and to have a hands-on opportunity to help create a new line of business at a rapidly accelerating start-up along-side an experienced leadership team.
What You’ll Do:
- Cold-call contacts and run multiple outbound sequences across channels to win over new partners and get them to attend a 15-30 minute demo with Sales
- Ask qualifying questions and share a few product benefits to prospective partners and their contractors
- Collaborate closely with Sales and Customer Success team members to research and develop target lists and account-based sales strategies to drive opportunities and lead generation
- Track and maintain a database of active opportunities in a manner which helps to move sales process forward
- Engage in and champion the proper culture and processes for a motivated, balanced, and highly efficient team capable of scaling up at later stages of organizational maturity
What We Look For:
- Experience in an outbound dialing environment
- Interest in not just performing the SDR role but in helping shape a new offering’s go-to-market
- Experience in developing trusted relationships with new partners
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams to succeed in managing projects
- Adaptability - you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it.
- Agility and resilience – you move quickly and encourage continued improvement
- Strong work ethic and competitive mindset – you always want to be at the top of the leaderboard
- Strong organizational and time management skills - you see the best path forward and can manage multiple tasks while working to achieve collective goals
- Life long learners - you are curious for the sake of curiosity
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.