Senior Analyst, Credit Risk
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with members of the Risk team, to review and enhance Upgrade's underwriting practice (strategy, credit policy, and model use) to achieve results within Upgrade's credit risk tolerance
- Develop data driven strategies to segment Upgrade’s merchant’s base and test strategies to improve profitability within those segments, working closely with Sales to implement
- Analyze and update merchant underwriting and merchant management policies, working with Operations to implement Upgrade's merchant base
- Monitor loan performance through hands-on analysis
- Develop periodic reporting templates and requirements
- Obtain subject matter expertise in internal and external data sources and ensure data integrity
- Document policy and procedural changes.
What We Look For:
- 2-3 years in consumer credit risk role at a financial institution (experience with embedded finance preferred)
- Bachelor's degree
- Innately curious, constantly asking questions and seeking answers through data exploration
- Proven ability to solve white space problems
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python, or R
- Detail oriented and strong analytic skill set
- Good communicator with the ability to discuss / present complex issues in a simple manner
- Proactive, driven, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.