Fraud Recovery Specialist
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Fraud Recovery Specialist who is responsible for mitigating and recovering potential losses for Upgrade. As a Fraud Recovery Specialist you will be working closely with customers, partner banks, merchants, and payment processors to file disputes and recover funds.
What You’ll Do:
- Review and triage accounts for suspicious activity and handle most aspects of the dispute lifecycle
- Apply analytical problem-solving skills to accurately identify issues and determining the best course of action
- Work closely with our partner bank to file disputes and recover fraud losses
- Identify new and emerging fraud trends and escalate findings to Management
- Understand the risks of AML and fraud typologies that are presented by Upgrade’s product offerings and services, including its loan and deposit products
- Work cross functionally with multiple departments
- Become an expert on our product and processes
- Bring a flexible mindset – you will be required to adopt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining a high quality to your work
- Provide exceptional external and internal customer service
- Meet or exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
- Punctual and consistent attendance is required. Must be available for overtime, holidays or weekend hours as needed
- Perform other related duties as needed
What We Look For:
- 1+ years experience in the banking, financial services, or a related industry
- BA/BS or higher in related field is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Ability to identify process improvements and make recommendations
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
- Knowledge of Slack or other communication tools
What We Offer You:
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.