Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America two years in a row. We have delivered over $25 billion in affordable and responsible credit to our 2.7M customers. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come work with us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Project Manager in our Phoenix office to support Call Center Operations. This person will take ownership of projects and initiatives, carefully managing business requirements, timing, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies, and milestones. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited by a fast-paced environment and collaborating with multiple teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the teams to lead & attend meetings to monitor, troubleshoot, collaborate to solve issues, and communicate impacts/progress to internal/external stakeholders
- Balance meeting cadences with executable actions and ticket management that are reinforced by implicit and explicit timelines
- Be able to synthesize complex processes and abstract ideas into clear and executable project components, stages, and tasks
- Utilize your excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Effectively communicate project updates, status, needs, and issues to proper stakeholders who range from department leadership, product management teams, compliance, legal, and members of senior leadership
What We Look For:
- 2+ years of project management experience required
- Google Suite proficiency preferred
- Experience in a startup, fintech, or fin-serv call center environment
- Responsible for updating the company's knowledge base system as well as updating policies and procedures
- Ability to adapt to unique project management methodologies and internal guiding principles required to manage multiple fast-paced projects with dynamic/changeable scope and release timeframes
- Adapt and institute project management structures and systems that enforce accountability for project execution, but are flexible enough to function within our extremely fast paced environment
- Highly organized individual with the ability to effectively balance a high volume of tasks of varying degrees of complexity, urgencies, and topics
- Bring a flexible, positive, and solutions-oriented mindset to everything you do. This is a fast-paced environment that best suits individuals with the energy and willingness to tackle a variety of needs from our operations
- Immerse yourself in our operations in a fast-paced, growing, learn-it-yourself environment to gain and maintain an expert level of internal operational strategy and processes
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, process mapping, and presentation skills
- Self-starter and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly-changing environment with ease and agility
- Sense of ownership and responsibility towards troubleshooting issues and solutions with a self-motivation to accept and complete tasks
- Proficiency in agile project management and issue-tracking software. Jira knowledge required
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.