Partner Marketing Manager
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Upgrade is looking for a Partner Marketing Manager to join our marketing team in San Francisco, CA. In this highly visible role, you’ll work closely with Upgrade’s marketing and product teams to grow existing partnerships and identify partnership opportunities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is detail oriented, metrics-driven and has a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.
This is a hybrid role based in San Francisco 2-3 times per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee marketing partnerships; thoughtfully manage both partner and company goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the business development pipeline to prospect, vet, and launch new partnership opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape to inform future partnership opportunities and priorities.
- Work across marketing channels and key internal teams (Product, Analytics, Operations, and Legal, Compliance) to develop, integrate, launch and continuously optimize partnership programs.
- Develop and document processes to support partner initiatives.
- Assist with the creation and delivery of partner reports.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of experience. Prior partnerships and/or financial marketing experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and ensure high quality deliverables with high attention to detail.
- Analytical grounding (including intermediate Excel and data analysis skills) and thought process in order to both prioritize opportunities and evaluate performance of partners.
- Ability to communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and quickly with both non-technical and technical teams.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in affiliate marketing, marketing partnership, or performance marketing
- Business development at a lending or banking company
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
The compensation range of this position in San Francisco, CA is USD $140k-$150k annually plus equity and benefits. Within this range, an individual's base pay will be dependent on a variety of factors, including without limitation, job-related knowledge, skills, education, and experience.
Upgrade has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States and Canada, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range could vary depending on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location.
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact email@example.com.
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.