New Accounts Specialist
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
Our New Accounts team is hiring for specialists. We are looking for detailed oriented individuals to assist our customers with the account application process. Our New Account Specialists are responsible for the accurate review, processing and decisioning of applicant loans and accounts. In this position, you would spend your day reviewing financial and identifying documents, assisting applicants over the phone, gather additional documents and following up with applicants to verify financial information to decision the application. This is a dynamic role partnering with our customers to provide a best in class experience.
Pay: $30.00 per hour
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain high quality while processing large numbers of personal consumer loan applications
- Provide excellent customer service to inbound and outbound calls
- Answer customer service request via an internal communication system
- Be an expert on our product and processes
- Adapt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining high quality to your work
- Review financial documents submitted by the borrower
- Verify and calculate customer income
- Detect suspicious and fraudulent loan applications
- Meet and/or exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
What We Look For:
- 1+ years of experience in banking, financial services and/or related industry
- Previous contact center experience
- College degree preferred
- Ability to calculate financial information accurately
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of integrity
- Team oriented mindset
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Google Workspace: Gmail, Sheets, Docs
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
What We Offer You:
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.