Home Improvement Supervisor, Merchant Support
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $24 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1600 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Supervisor of Home Improvement, Merchant Support to help us scale our fastest growing vertical, Home Improvement financing. This is a smaller yet rapidly growing team that will be spread over two locations - Phoenix and Atlanta. This is an in-office position.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop and coach a group of 10-13 Home Improvement Specialists/Merchant Support CCPs
- Advocate for your team and champion their career development - inspire their greatness to help them achieve their goals
- Be a reliable resource for those who join your team by showing them compassion and providing perspective and guidance on business decisions
- Your success is dependent on the success of your team. Be a leader that motivates them to do their best through positive reinforcement, effective coaching, meaningful feedback, and a personal vested interest in their successes
- Ensure the department exceeds goals through effective leadership and team engagement
- Find ways to optimize the department. How can we work more effectively/efficiently? How can we better anticipate our customers' needs? What does our team need from us to be more successful?
- Communicate any challenges or roadblocks that could impact team success with a focus on continuous improvement
- Be able to wear multiple hats and assist with other areas of the business when needed
- Work closely and develop productive relationships with our business partners across the greater Home Improvement and Operations groups
What We Look For:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- High-energy, positive team player that works well with others
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and highly organized
- Be knowledgeable of internal policies and procedures
- Communication with the ability to cascade changes effectively
- Lifting your peers up and helping them succeed
- Building productive and positive relationships with your team
- Holding folks accountable when it’s needed, and even more importantly, celebrating wins when they improve
- De-escalate situations in a respectful and professional manner
- Self-starter and ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Operations (call center, loan processing, financial, tech, etc...) Experience in a financial services setting is preferred
- Proficient with G Suite, knowledge of Genesys & Confluence a plus
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.