Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
We are advancing AI to power the future of medicine.
At Unlearn, our purpose is to advance artificial intelligence (AI) to eliminate trial and error in medicine. We are developing generative machine learning methods to predict individual health outcomes and accelerate clinical innovation. Today, we are reimagining the randomized control trial (RCT) for the 21st century through AI-powered clinical trials or TwinRCT. A TwinRCT allows more trial patients to receive the experimental treatment, reaches full enrollment faster and put patients first. Our innovative work in AI today will reinvent how AI is applied in medicine tomorrow — and we have a top secret plan for how to get there. We won’t be able to achieve this mission just by applying technologies created by others; the future must be invented.
Unlearn is a technology company, not a biotech company. We use computers, not pipettes. We make and use software, we don’t discover or make drugs. We believe that AI will define the future of medicine, and we aren’t deterred by naysayers or skeptics.
We come from a variety of backgrounds ranging from machine learning to marketing—but regardless of where we come from, Unlearners share some common traits:
>> Unlearners are ambitious; we aren’t intimidated by big, challenging goals.
>> Unlearners are disciplined experimenters; we break down our big goals into smaller chunks and meet as often as necessary to track our velocity and iterate quickly.
>> Unlearners are gritty; we never give up, setbacks just make us try harder.
>> Unlearners are receptive to new ideas; in fact, we hate being stuck with the status quo.
>> Unlearners are storytellers; sharing information with each other and with the world is super important, too important to be boring. And, last but not least,
>> Unlearners are team-oriented; we put the mission first, the company second, the team third, and individuals last.
Founded in 2017 by a team of world-class machine learning scientists, we have raised venture capital from top tier investors such as Insight Partners, Radical Ventures, 8VC, DCVC, and DCVC Bio. We completed our $50 million Series B in April 2022. We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and have an additional office in Boston, MA.
If our purpose and culture resonate with you, we invite you to apply.
About the Role
Our account management team helps pharma and biotech customers run TwinRTs - highly powered AI-powered clinical trials that reach full enrollment faster using smaller control groups. The Account Manager requires a mixture of technical understanding, relationship building, and account management skills to identify up-sell opportunities.
This person will lead engagements with customers after they have been signed by a member of the business development team. The Account Manager will be Unelarn’s key internal stakeholder to manage the relationship with the customer to ensure customer engagements are successful while maintaining the scope of the project agreed to with the customer. The ideal candidate will have a track-record of being the go-to account manager in multi-year engagements with customers and proven success identifying up-sell opportunities with customers that were closed in collaboration with a business development or sales colleague.
This role is based either in our HQ in San Francisco, CA or in Boston, MA and requires some travel.
- Manage and develop customer relationships to ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Oversee projects to ensure they are executed within contractual guidelines and expectations.
- Proactively identify upsell opportunities within existing accounts and working closely with the business development team to close these opportunities and drive revenue growth.
- Be the liaison between the customer and the internal team to ensure clear communication and alignment of project goals and expectations.
- Address customer concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Report and track key account metrics, providing regular updates to both the customer and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Unlearn’s solutions and how they meet customer needs.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an account management role, ideally within the technology industry and working with customers in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology sectors.
- Proven ability to manage large, complex accounts and develop positive, long-term customer relationships.
- Strong understanding of AI, machine learning, or a related field
- Deep understanding of clinical development strategies used by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies use to support commercialization of drug
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a knack for turning challenges into opportunities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to navigate large bureaucratic organizations effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline. Advanced degree is a plus.
You will thrive in this role if you
- Are gritty and excited by new challenges. You embrace challenges with enthusiasm and are willing to use iterative experimentation to guide data-driven decision making and overcome challenges.
- Are a problem solver even when a solution is unclear. You are happy to take on problems with unclear solutions and plan and execute to gather data that allows you to solve that problem.
- Are a people-person. You are energized by interacting with people and are an expert at building deep cooperative relationships.
- Believe in Mission > Company > Team > Self. You believe that achieving Unlearn’s mission is the north star and you are willing to adapt within your role and within the different teams you work in to help the company achieve that mission.
- Have a passion or deep curiosity about artificial intelligence and the positive impact technology can have on society.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a suite of benefits and perks for our team members, including:
• Company-paid medical, dental, & vision insurance
• 401k plan with generous company matching
• Flexible time off and an annual winter break (December 24 - January 1)
• Professional development budget to attend conferences or other events
• One-time home-office set up stipend
• Commuter benefits to help you get to our offices easily
• Paid Parental Leave
• Equity education and tax advisory services
Unlearn is an equal opportunity employer.
At Unlearn, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. If you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply nevertheless.
See more open positions at Unlearn.ai
Something looks off?