Maintenance Technician/Technical Lead- 12 hour Night shift
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Maintenance Mechanic Technician/ Technical Lead 1
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jefferson City provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
The Maintenance Technician lead will be the mechanical resource and leader for all maintenance activities (AM /PM) in their assigned area. Her/his responsibilities will include delivery of shift attainment and OEE (Operational Equipment Efficiency) targets with no quality defects or safety issues. S/he will be responsible for resolving breakdowns in their area (packaging) and completing root cause analysis with effective countermeasures. Technical lead is responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and repairing manufacturing equipment to ensure reliable and safe operation.
Location of the job: Jefferson City, MO
Base Pay Rate: $33.97, with an additional $1.50 shift differential for the PM shift assignments, paid weekly
Shift: 6:00pm- 6:15am, 2/2/3 shift schedule pattern
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Hourly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities *
Additional Perks for the “Jefferson City ” location
- Onsite Company store for product purchases
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Company dinners and care packages periodically
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (if elected)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Hot and Iced Coffee
- Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on select days of the week
What You'll Do
- Plan, perform and/or oversee preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Plan and perform routine system evaluations of mechanical equipment, identifying performance trends or issues and recommending course of action.
- Resolve equipment malfunctions by evaluating machine performance, breakdowns, identifying root cause, and taking corrective actions.
- Design and fabricate changes to equipment to enhance machine performance.
- Participate on project teams comprised of Engineering, R&D personnel, contractors, and vendors to introduce new processes and/or equipment.
- Draft procedures and manuals for preventive maintenance of process systems and equipment.
- Ensure that all required safety and GMP practices are being always followed while completing the work.
- Active participation and development in WCM (World Class Manufacturing) methodology.
- Develop and conduct training modules among peers and with technical operators.
- All other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Associate degree in mechanical/technical program or two (2) or more years’ experience in a mechanic / instrumentation tech role.
- Ability to operate common shop equipment (Mill, lathe, Band saw) etc. is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, resources, ability to communicate clearly, reading and writing skills, and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Understanding of industrial Equipment, Basic Electricity, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Hand Tools & Power Tools to troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technologies including ability to operate computers, and basic mathematical skills.
- Performs bending- squatting- kneeling- sorting- ascending- and descending moves up to 50 pounds; holds and grips object; must possess manual dexterity necessary to operate equipment and disassemble and reassemble equipment.
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.