Quality Packing Technician- 12 hour Day Shift, 2/2/3 Schedule
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jefferson City provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
The Quality Technician is responsible for daily quality activities to support the production process. We operate in a 24/7 environment. Work level will be determined by skill set and experience up to Quality Technician 3.
Location of the job: Jefferson City, MO
Base Pay: Starts at $25.68 (can go up to $29.05 depending on skills), paid weekly
Shift: 12 Hour Days- 2/2/3 schedule, 6am-6:15pm
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Hourly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities *
Additional Perks for the “Jefferson City ” location
- Onsite Company store for product purchases
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Company dinners and care packages periodically
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (if elected)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Hot and Iced Coffee
- Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on select days of the week
What You'll Do
- Support line production and warehouse when quality issues arise.
- Releasing product using computer systems to include SAP and MS Office.
- Issue NCNs and drive timely disposition completion
- Input supplier defects & exceptions as needed in Quality one.
- IQS and DEoC– Programs and line assistance.
- Facilitating Quality Orientation
- Work with suppliers to improve supplier quality
- Coordinating with planning/production/warehouse when defects arise that cause line stoppage.
- Provide Factory Invoices and samples to shipping department as needed.
- Record key line performance and process performance indicators into appropriate tracking mechanisms.
- Support and lead rework activities as needed.
- Train operators on Quality checks
- Other Quality department defined duties to support the team as needed.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years Quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; this incumbent deals with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Handles confidential information appropriately; Applies good judgment in determining courses of action.
- Strong attention to detail.
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.