Supply Chain Network Designer
Supply Chain Network Designer
Background and purpose of the job
The Supply Chain Network Designer is a part of the Network Design and Development Team within Logistics for Unilever North America, responsible for conducting and executing end to end network analyses through Excel and supply chain modeling software (Coupa Supply Chain Guru and Data Guru / Alteryx). This position will be responsible for interfacing directly with key business stakeholders to conduct analyses that will support a variety of diverse and interesting business challenges. The network designer will be responsible for independently conducting supply chain cost benefit analyses and design projects, and creating a clear timeline for execution and delivery of results. This is an exciting space that allows for exposure and input on core strategy development for Unilever’s supply chain and the ability to develop technical modeling skills. It is a critical role to the future of our digital and insights-driven Supply Chain strategies and will play a pivotal part in our transformation process. The scope of this position includes network design, network strategy, supply chain optimization, business case / trade-off analysis, continuous improvement, and executive presentation.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
This role is comprised of the following responsibilities:
- Drive supply chain model and optimization projects involving network design, route/flow planning, product sourcing decisions, capacity planning and inventory optimization.
- Utilize Excel and supply chain modeling software to evaluate, analyze and solve supply chain trade-offs related to cost, carbon, customer service, working capital, lead time and responsiveness.
- Lead ad hoc cost benefit analysis requests from across our key business groups and partners.
- Develop supply chain optimization modeling skills, concepts, and data preparation.
- Support modelling the operational interdependencies and linkages across product flows.
- Provide capacity planning and operational sensitivity analysis.
- Drive efforts that analyze our extensive supplier network, co-maker network, manufacturing, primary deployment, and customer shipments.
- Enhance visibility to current supply chain practices and shape improvement recommendations.
- Provide critical analysis that shapes and supports the overall business strategy.
- Ingest large sets of data, compile, analyze, and make concise recommendations to key stakeholders.
• You’re a born leader: You will lead and shape the future strategy of Unilever’s supply chain network.
• You’re a strategy guru: You will design new supply chains that support Unilever’s business strategy. You will proactively propose and develop strategies to enhance Unilever’s future supply chain organization.
• You’re a dot connector: You can find the pattern and process in even the most complex of situations. You can turn it into a clear, consistent process map and communicate it to all your stakeholders across the landscape.
• You’re a storyteller: You can clearly explain to, present to, and strategically influence key stakeholders for new supply chain designs.
• You’re a culture & change champion: You embrace change and always push the envelope using better processes and technology to pave the way. You influence others to adopt and adapt while giving them space to make it work for them.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required - preferably in a supply chain, data analytics, engineering field, and a master’s degree is preferred
- Advanced skills collecting and managing large data sets via, SQL, Excel and/or other data management tools
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead teams through complex problem solving
- Need to be comfortable with ambiguous problems and leveraging wide/diverse networks to solve
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying model outputs clearly to senior stakeholder
- Preferred experience in Supply Chain Guru, Data Guru, or other supply chain optimization modeling tools
- Preferred experience in linear optimization, simulation, and general modeling design principals
- Possesses an understanding of core supply chain processes: order to cash, planning, procurement, make, warehousing and transportation
- Possess a strong understanding of supply chain finance and business tradeoff management
- Have a strong appetite for proactive, informed risk-taking with a winning attitude
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 to $124,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.