Quality Lab Scientist 2- 3rd Shift
Title of role: Quality Scientist 2
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jonesboro provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
Quality Scientist performs all duties related to the inspection, testing and analysis of incoming raw materials, batches, and finished goods. All required testing, monitoring and recording results and information are to be completed in designated secure systems and in compliance with all Unilever requirements and specifications.
Location of the job: Jonesboro, AR
Pay: $26.43, paid weekly
Shift- 3rd, 11pm- 7:15am, Monday through Friday
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Monthly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities*
Additional Perks for the “Jonesboro” location
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Onsite Company store with opportunity for friends/family to shop
- Subsidy for Uniform shirts- Employee picks style (dri-fit material, long or short sleeves, polo shirts, etc.)
- Company dinners and fun engagement activities periodically
- Free fresh popcorn
- Free coffee
What You’ll Do:
- Complete testing, inspection, analysis of incoming materials, batches, FG, etc.
- Sets up master data and standards as needed.
- Records QA data in designated systems and executes usage decisions in a timely fashion.
- Provides relevant data related to site production to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures all equipment is calibrated/verified and operating to the required standard.
- Communicates OOS/NCN to relevant teams both within the factory as well as business stakeholders following non-conformance procedures.
- Partners with vendors and Planning to resolve issues through the SNCR process.
- Supports investigations of consumer complaints through retesting retains and returns.
- Supports customer service through the monitoring and release of product to the marketplace.
- Supports site KPI’s through VIP projects, trials, validations, data analysis, RTFT, production assistance, etc.
- Leads continuous improvement projects using World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology.
- Conducts training of new/existing employees as needed.
- Limited leadership responsibilities on shift.
- Other responsibilities as business needs.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree (Chemistry, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, or related degree) OR Relevant experience
- 2+ years Lab experience in manufacturing
- Proficiency in MS Office
- FDA/cGMP experience/SAP/PLM/SPC/Strong Analytic & technical thought process
- Excellent oral, written communication, and effective interpersonal skills
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team with all departments
- Great work life balance environment ; flexibility
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
- Contribution on the team helps obtain a quarterly bonus
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.