Global Performance Management Manager
Job Title: Global Performance Management Manager
GPM is the core of the company’s performance management and sets the pace of the organization in terms of resource allocation, prioritization and interventions needed in order to achieve Unilever’s short- and long-term objectives.
Short term (In Year) Performance Management role engages in key interactions and leads backbone processes to drive the in-year performance of Unilever. This role is GPM’s first point of contact most initiatives as it defines overall performance rhythm by leading Monthly/Quarterly planning cadence.
This role works on a very agile way within GPM and an extended network across corporate functions and Business Groups in order to generate Monthly in-depth results and forecast analysis, together with ad-hoc material to steer performance and actionable interventions across the business.
- Support analytical and business frameworks as well as a quantitative approach to decision-making that shape the overall strategic course of the organization.
- Focus on operations including but not limited to evaluation of pricing strategy implementation, economic evaluation of capital expenditures, competitive analysis and benchmarking, and business process redesign.
- Analyze financial results and trends to identify current and future business risks, and communicate results to leadership.
- Involvement with special projects related to business development, strategic growth and ad hoc analysis.
- Play a pivotal role in the CFIN transformation project to generate ideas, create stranded cost mitigation plan, develop and implement a performance framework to drive long-term value creation for Unilever.
- The role will coordinate several ad hoc initiatives to steer business throughout the year.
- Corporate areas including: Investor Relations, M&A, Corporate Strategy, Cash Executive, and Supply Chain.
- Business Groups and Business Units
- Agile interactions across different areas and businesses
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Strong financial fundamentals along with solid business partnering skills.
- Significant lateral and upward influence of key stakeholders to comply with complex agenda and tight deadlines.
- Proven financial track record across BGs and Functional areas.
- Strong systems understanding required due to the technical nature of the role.
- Experience in performance management (information management, target setting, performance scorecards)
- Experience in an Operating Country and some level of Global experience preferred
- Accounting / FP&A background desirable.
- Ability to directly partner and challenge business partners by delivering concise messages / making the complex simple / getting to the right business insights
- Strong Modelling/Mathematical/Analytical skill a must.
- Excellent communication skills, including written English
- Strong work ethic, great attitude, self-starting & proactive mind-set, resilience in the face of pressure, good team player, ability to meet multiple stretching deadlines and attention to detail.
- Need to be able to roll up your sleeves
Standards of Leadership
Demonstrating the highest level of key leadership behaviours:
- Strong sense of purpose and service
- High level of personal mastery and agility
- Being a true talent catalyst and desire to make a leadership impact
- Genuine passion for high performance
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We want to push boundaries, and have the flexibility needed to keep adapting in an ever-changing, more dynamic world. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
As part of your hiring journey, we are happy to support requests for reasonable adjustments, to improve your recruitment experience.
To find out more, including more information about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!