Senior Financial Analyst- Financial Reporting, Health & Wellbeing
You must be commutable to the LA area to visit local offices.
WHO ARE WE? We are Health and Wellbeing (H&W), an exciting new Global Business Unit within Unilever built with a start-up mindset by welcoming a fantastic selection of companies to the Unilever family. In North America these include OLLY, Liquid I.V., SmartyPants, Welly, Onnit and recently Nutrafol. Each of these companies has a fantastic variety of benefit-led products, with strong innovation and growth potential. Our mission, with our science-backed and disruptive portfolio, is to improve the health and wellbeing of millions of consumers and become a leading Health and Wellness organization. We work in an agile and entrepreneurial way, collaboratively within the team and with our Unilever colleagues around the world. We work in a project based networked way where everyone needs to be able to take a step back and think strategically as well as rolling up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
Who You Are and What You'll Do
The H&W Senior Financial Analyst role will be an integral part of the FP&A team, ensuring that the team is the heartbeat of H&W through providing performance insights and reporting to all stakeholders. The analyst will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting of H&W’s management P&L on a monthly basis, in direct communication with our 7 operating companies, the international Business Units, Unilever Beauty & Wellness Business Group (B&W BG), Unilever’s Global Chief Accountant’s Department (GCAD) and Global Performance Management (GPM) team. This will require the analyst to lead all monthly operational activities and submissions for H&W with autonomy and accuracy and support the entire team in leading analysis on the overall business with turnover of approximately $2bn.
- Preparing monthly management reporting for H&W entities for submission to Unilever including flash, actuals, GMVA, forecasts (FC) with supporting analysis and commentary, by liaising with operating company FP&A teams and Unilever central teams.
- Managing end to end management reporting process so that all reporting is done in line with Unilever’s management reporting instructions, on time and in full.
- Preparing monthly FCs for management P&L of H&W collective and presenting recommendations to FP&A team and H&W CEO & CFO on FC shape.
- Owning all reporting for H&W management P&L on a monthly basis, ensuring all content is available to H&W community on time and in full.
- Undertaking regular performance analysis to determine trends and provide insights to H&W leadership teams to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Supporting the development of cutting edge business insights tools through the use of the latest technology, working closely with the FP&A data & analytics analyst to determine latest requirements of FP&A managers and H&W CFO.
- Supporting the cultural and social development of the newly formed H&W collective through engagement in regular meetings, town halls, and learning sessions.
- Supporting FP&A team in preparation of board and leadership team meetings through effective storytelling and communication.
- Leading ad hoc requests and insights into performance anomalies and one-off topics.
- Integrating new M&As into H&W reporting and ensuring smooth transition into the H&W GBU.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelors Degree with 1-3 years of relevant financial reporting experience
- Qualified accountant or equivalent or studying towards professional accounting qualification a plus
- Passionate about finding optimisation, simplification, and automation opportunities
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building inside and out
- Excellent engagement and communication skills
- Ability to own & drive the agenda for the business (pro-active & independent worker)
- Ability to effectively business partner and build connections with stakeholders without a “formal” partner relationship
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 to $100,500 Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.