Category Packaging Engineer - Personal Care
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this job is to successfully implement Innovation, Savings, and Capacity projects and to also explore and introduce new technology to the supported Categories. You're a "Change Catalyst". Emphasis will be to deliver business value and engineering solutions through your technical expertise. You will have responsibility for understanding and providing guidance on the Strategic elements of the site processing systems and the development of our Long-Term Technology Plan.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The position requires performance within Deodorant/PCL Liquids Packaging Engineering discipline to provide Unilever with world class capability to launch and manufacture Personal Care products. You will be responsible for all aspects of product technology projects including:
- Early involvement in projects beginning at the Idea Phase and continuing through Post Start-Up Support in cooperation with R&D, Strategic Planning, Innovation Management, and the local Supply Chain.
- Technical Scope Definition
- High-Level Cost and Timeline Definition and Management
- Communications and Stakeholder Management
- Trial/ Qualification Plans and Execution
- Risk Management
Job activities always follow the Early Equipment Management / Early Product Management (EEM/ EPM) methodology and good practices of project management.
The position reports to the Personal Care Packaging and Process Engineering Manager.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: A passion for success is a must. You are detailed oriented and able to manage multiple projects/ activities at the same time. You have technical expertise in total systems approach (process or packing) in all work efforts to deliver on time in full end to end projects, adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as a value. You have a strong fundamental understanding of engineering principles and have a “hands-on” approach to plant and scale-up activities.
You’re a paradox navigator: You can balance local, regional, and global business needs to support overall business deliver to Unilever. While you are mostly dedicated to one site, you will regularly look at an overall aspect of process/ packing and support activities across sites.
You’re a dot connector: You work closely with the site team, R&D and Planning teams to deliver the business needs through the flawless execution of projects. You can easily link innovation initiatives within the supply chain network and look from a lens of process/ packing rather than just one single site.
You’re a change maker: You flawlessly executes projects and bring technical solutions that are creative and business oriented. You drive capital efficiency by constantly looking at ways to improve costs to implement projects and looking at alternative technical solutions, besides working together with the site to sweat the assets, finding ways to extend the operating life of equipment, improving efficiencies, lowering environmental footprint and lowering operating costs. You explore current capabilities at the sites to deliver the growth and margin plans that the business is looking for. You help to evolve the process/ packing area to a more technology focused “Digital” environment designed for maximum efficiency and flexibility.
You’re a born leader: You help influence the site and cluster process/ packing strategy through logical sourcing assessments, capital investment recommendations, and strong participation in the development of the site and cluster Long-Term Technology Plans.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- B.S. or B.E. degree in Engineering or equivalent education with demonstrated working experience
- Min 3 years’ experience in related Engineering or R&D in FMCG/ related industry or gained in an engineering consultancy/ company environment (amount of experience needed depends on site size/ complexity), with specific experience in process or packing, depending on the role.
- Knowledge of chemical process/ packing equipment principles and practices as well as hygienic design.
- Project and time management skills to coordinate multiple work streams and timelines for projects.
- SOLs: Purpose & Service, Personal Mastery, Agility, Business Acumen, Passion for High Performance
- Skills: Communication, Influence, Project Management, Analytical/ Systems Thinking
- Understanding of innovation management workflows
- Knowledge of WCM and EEM/ EPM methodologies (or other continuous improvement methodologies)
- Knowledge of Rockwell Systems and Software.
- Previous experience in CPGs, especially in Home, Beauty & Personal Care product technologies.
- Interaction with outside partners, construction and engineering firms, and in-house teams.
- Coordination of engineering packages with keen knowledge of industry standards and drawing/ document systems such as CAD, Procore, Primavera, and MS Project.
- Understanding of Plant Utilities including Air, Steam, and Water Systems including RO and deionized as well as wastewater treatment.
- Understanding of Packaging systems, in general, and integration into plant manufacturing systems.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law.
For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Pay: The pay range for this position is $83,200 - $145,500. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.