Background & Purpose of the Job
The Logistics Planning Team is responsible for managing all key functions involved in the deployment planning process. The team focuses on process excellence and deploying best practice for deployment of finished goods from Unilever factories, Distribution Centers, and 3rd Party Manufacturers. Specialists on the team work within a cross-functional environment, gaining a true end-to-end view of the entire Supply Chain from Planning to Manufacturing to Logistics to Procurement. The Specialist drives execution of the distribution strategy to deliver against growth plans of the company and divisions, works with categories and internal departments to align on cost savings targets, improvement opportunities, action plans, resolution of deployment exceptions and tracking metrics that drive effective business results and collaborates with analytics and business services teams to support decisions on distribution strategies.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As a Deployment Specialist, you will be responsible for execution of the distribution requirements plan by creating Stock Transfer Orders to move inventory internal to the Unilever network. You will need strong attention to detail to prioritize the highest need items in the network to support expected customer service levels. You will work cross functionally with the Supply Planning team to review the distribution plan, the Transportation and Warehousing teams to ensure adequate capacity to deploy and receive stock, and the Manufacturing team to balance availability with accuracy of the finished goods. You will be held to Key Performance Indicators of On Time deployment, Truckload Utilization, Accuracy of Stock Transfers, and delivering cost savings. You will lead cross-functional groups that incorporate capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, and master data accuracy. You will analyze data, drive to root cause for deviations, and implement continuous improvement activities that drive business improvements and remove non-value-added activities. Strategic thinking will be vital to providing exceptional service to the category, while achieving cost savings targets. Finally, you will need to balance the operational tradeoffs between internal business constraints and external customer requirements.
- You’re a born leader: You can get the best out of any team, even though they don’t report to you. You are not afraid to have tough conversations where necessary but also celebrate and encourage the development of your colleagues and business partners.
- You’re a dot connector: You can find the pattern and process in even the most complex of situations. You can turn it into a clear, consistent process map and communicate it to all your stakeholders across the landscape.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You bring a level of creativity and perseverance to the table that people want to emulate. You keep a sense of humor and a level head in all situations and always find a way to make it work.
- You’re a changemaker: You embrace change and always push the envelope using better processes and technology to pave the way. You influence others to adopt and adapt while giving them space to make it work for them.
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is required for consideration, preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or Business Management.
- At least 2 years of experience in Logistics or Planning in a Consumer-Packaged Goods environment, preferably in multiple functions.
- Strong analytical aptitude with a validated ability to analyze/interpret data.
- Advanced technical skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and PowerBi. SAP APO and ECC experience are preferred; Kinaxis Rapid Response is preferred.
- Experience working with enterprise level logistics systems, such as a Transportation Management System, Yard Management Systems, or Warehouse Management System is required. Oracle TMS, JDA WMS, and PINC YMS experience are preferred.
You will need to be a results-oriented, innovative thinker with a focus on continuous improvement.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary to effectively interact with all levels of management.
You will need the ability to work in a fast-paced business environment, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability by managing numerous priorities concurrently; organizational and time-management abilities are a must.
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 to $100,500. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.