Preweigh Technician- 12 hour Night Shift
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Pre-Weigh Technician
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jefferson City provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
The Pre-weigh Technician role will weigh the batches of ingredients to be used in the manufacture of bulk lotion, body wash, shampoo and conditioner.
Location of the job: Jefferson City, MO
Base Pay Rate – $22.66, with an additional $1.50 shift differential for the PM shift assignments
Shift: 6:00 pm- 6:15 am, 2/2/3 shift schedule pattern
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Hourly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities *
Additional Perks for the “Jefferson City ” location
- Onsite Company store for product purchases
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Company dinners and care packages periodically
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (if elected)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Hot and Iced Coffee
- Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on select days of the week
What You'll Do
- Measures or weighs ingredients needed for product batches and places in manufacturing equipment. Looks at materials being weighed with critical eye and notifies appropriate people if possible, problem is present.
- Effectively uses scales to weigh and can recognize faulty scale performance and take appropriate action.
- Converts units and calculates production requirements. Navigate and uses required system to release, activate, change status, weigh items and weigh maintenance. Including appropriate transactions to display inventory in PSA, adjust inventory, return items to warehouse correctly, manage FIFO protocols when generating transfer orders manually.
- Effectively uses a manipulator to dump ingredients with no waste due to mishandling.
- Monitors manufacturing processes and alters or stops process as necessary.
- May be required to collect, label and transport hazardous waste after training in company procedures.
- Required to operate fork trucks and pallet jacks after certification training (periodic recertification required thereafter).
- Recognizes and reports equipment deficiencies and/or failures.
- All other duties as assigns
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Demonstrates technical skills as described in job skills above.
- Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity and complete all measurements in assigned areas.
- Demonstrate computer skills (computer fundamentals, SAP, plant scheduling system, Rockwell System, etc.)
- Utilizes measurement systems to accurately perform specific jobs as necessary.
- Uses basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) to complete necessary job tasks
- Must be flexible to work any shift and overtime as required.
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team with the warehouse and production line
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.