Automation and Controls System Technician- 12 Hour Night Shift (2/2/3 Schedule)
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Automation and Controls System Technician
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever Jefferson City provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
The Automation and Controls System Technician will drive the factory safety performance of the entire factory (all shifts, all areas) into a proactive culture using WCM operating framework. The right applicant will have an immense passion for our factory, a commitment to innovation and completion of tasks, and a very strong factory floor presence.
Location of the job: Jefferson City, MO
Base Pay Rate: $35.40, with an additional $1.50 shift differential for the PM shift assignments, paid weekly
Shift: 12 hour, 6:00pm- 6:15am, 2/2/3 shift pattern
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Hourly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities *
Additional Perks for the “Jefferson City ” location
- Onsite Company store for product purchases
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Company dinners and care packages periodically
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (if elected)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Hot and Iced Coffee
- Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on select days of the week
What You'll Do
- Implement Projects/ Improvement (electrical project/ PLC programming) to accommodate new product and/ or improve safety, operational quality and productivity.
- Diagnose/ test PLC and Instrumentation problems, Diagnose/ Test equipment to correct malfunctions and makes improvement to accommodate new product and/ or improve safety, operational quality and productivity.
- Maintain and configure Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) hardware
- Understand PLC ladder logic: can implement automation solutions within the PLC code
- Understand and apply National Electric Code (NEC) requirements
- Maintain and configure Variable Frequency Drives (VFD), DC drives and servo motors
- Perform more advanced PLC ladder logic programming such as PID loop control and sequencers
- All other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent; higher degree in related area is desirable
- 3-5 years’ experience in a electrical maintenance related position is required
- Working knowledge of PLCs is a must
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.