Global Strategy Finance and Competitor Intelligence Manager - Home Care
Job Title: Global Strategy Finance and Competitor Intelligence Manager - Home Care
The Global Home Care Finance team partners our global cross-functional business teams and other local finance teams to set and implement strategy, drive performance and ensure value generation in almost 100 markets that we operate in. We are known to be a high-performing, diverse and inclusive team: our members come from different backgrounds, hold ~15+ nationalities and together we speak more than 20 languages. We have a strong learning culture and have high standards for our work. We work hard, learn well, have fun and watch out for each other.
The role provides great exposure to senior stakeholders, a broad range of strategic topics and at the same time, high level of independence to build agenda and development plan. The Manager works closely with senior leadership in the Home Care business, covering the following main areas:
- Work closely with the Home Care CFO and his leadership team in developing and implementing the Global Home Care strategy both short & long-term, evaluating M&A in evaluating M&A opportunities and Clean Future external partnership
- Support the Group President and his leadership team in preparing for ULE and board meetings
- Lead the team to conduct deep dives of our business across markets and segments, identify opportunities for growth and/or profitability improvement
- Competitive Intelligence:
- Analyse and build comprehensive understanding of competitors’ business, strategies, capabilities, innovation pipeline, financial health, investment patterns and competitive strength across markets.
- Use insights to anticipate competitors’ moves, the influence on consumers and customers, strengthen Home Care’s strategy and drive actions to help us win
- Communicate insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders including the ULE, Home Care BG LT, category and brand teams in BG/ BUs/markets
- People leadership:
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to manage the day to day of the team, guide and grow the analyst
- Build the Strategy Finance team branding as a centre for quality analytics, actionable insights and impactful communication
- Work closely with other colleagues across the Home Care Finance team to create and drive people activities, build a high-achieving and caring team, champion agile way of working, develop and grow talent for the Finance community.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- A strong academic background
- Relevant working experiences including finance business partnering with marketing
- Strong business and financial acumen, good strategic thinking, solid P&L understanding. Cross-functional experiences and knowledge of Home Care business are pluses
- Excellent analytical skills, high attention to detail. Experiences working with large data (financial and non-financial) valuable
- Strong communication and people skills
- Independent thinker, self-driven, diligent and bias for action
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- Strong, collaborative team player and people developer
- Inclusive and have passion for learning and development
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We want to push boundaries, and have the flexibility needed to keep adapting in an ever-changing, more dynamic world. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
As part of your hiring journey, we are happy to support requests for reasonable adjustments, to improve your recruitment experience.
To find out more, including more information about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!