Production Machine Operator/Technical Operator 1 - 12 Hour Nights
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Machine Operator/Technical Operator- 1
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jefferson City provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
The Technical Operator is required to operate, maintain, improve and repair equipment according to training endorsement, and will support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale and Innovation. Supported by the core skills to work within an autonomous team, the Technical Operator will diligently follow the established standards of production delivery and drive continuous improvement.
Location of the job: Jefferson City, MO
Base Pay Rate – $22.66, with an additional $1.50 shift differential for the PM shift assignments
Shift: 6:00pm- 6:15am, 2/2/3 shift pattern
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Hourly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities *
Additional Perks for the “Jefferson City ” location
- Onsite Company store for product purchases
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Company dinners and care packages periodically
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (if elected)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Hot and Iced Coffee
- Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on select days of the week
What You'll Do
- Operate and conduct changeovers on equipment in 5 working zones as required.
- Operate pallet jack after certification training with periodic recertification.
- Operate within an Autonomous environment that demands outstanding personal qualities to achieve the standards of attitude, motivation, trust and adaptability required to be a world class team player.
- Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with agreed Quality requirements and standards. Conduct regular and stringent Quality inspections.
- Plan, carry out and review Focused Improvement activities to eliminate losses and prevent recurrence. All associates will give oral presentations.
- Coordinate, schedule, and communicate within team to provide break, over time, and vacation coverage to ensure that team resources can meet operational requirements.
- Maintain safe work environment and quality products
- Work overtime as required
- All other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Must have 2-3 years of manufacturing experience
- Effective computer skills in order to use PC programs, Windows, SAP, Rockwell supervisory system.
- Communicate effectively both written and verbally with other plant associates.
- Takes initiative to learn new skills, identify opportunities, and problem solve. May lift over 5 pounds but under 50 pounds 15 to 40% of time worked
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.