Automation and Controls Specialist- 12 hour Night Shift
Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full list of vacancies.
Title of role: Automation and Controls Specialist
Background & Purpose of the Job: Unilever Jefferson City provides a holistic and hygienic choice of personal care brands that benefit the mind, body, and health of consumers while minimizing environmental footprints and promoting the individual growth of our people. Our "mission of wellbeing" is quickly becoming the new status symbol for health and beauty.
Work directly with Packaging and Process departments to deliver automation solutions for the facility. Must be able to lead autonomously with clear direction to our team, make data-based decisions, and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
Location of the job: Jefferson City, MO
Pay: $35.40 (12-night shift differential is $1.50), paid weekly
Shift: 6:00pm- 6:15am, 2/2/3 shift pattern
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Profit Sharing | Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement | Paid Leaves | Quarterly Bonus Payouts | Uniforms and PPE provided| Career Advancement Opportunities *
Additional Perks for the “Jefferson City ” location
- Onsite Company store for product purchases
- Uniforms provided by the company
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses subsidy
- Company dinners and care packages periodically
- Benefits are effective the first day of hire (if elected)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Free Hot and Iced Coffee
- Free Soft Serve Ice Cream on select days of the week
What You'll Do
- Attend daily and weekly meetings to help drive and help understand automation need within the facility
- Work cross functionally with other departments.
- Improve current and deliver new low cost automation within the departments.
- Understanding and eliminating the top daily automation losses.
- Participate in the development and subsequent delivery of strategic improvement plan to execute OEE targets.
- Review any and all breakdown Root Cause Analysis (EWO) actions to ensure completion.
- Understand and teach the team the theory of operations of all equipment
- Ability to access Server based applications: RSBatch, RSView SE, FactoryTalk History, Factory Talk VantagePoint, FactoryTalk Metrics
- Perform more advanced PLC ladder logic programming such as PID loop control and sequencers
- Identify continuous improvement and cost saving opportunities
- Support the planning and execution of automation trials and engineering solutions for facility
- Read and understand electrical related documents such as schematics, one-line diagrams, plan drawings, instrument installation and configuration details.
- Understand basic PLC ladder logic; be able to make simple relay logic PLC program changes.
- All other duties as assigned
What You'll Need to Succeed
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent.
- A graduate of a 2 year post-secondary program in Industrial Electricity, Successful completion of a formal apprenticeship program or three years directly related mechanical experience can be substituted for post-secondary education
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shut down, training courses etc., and emergency cover.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to ensure all Autonomous/Prevent Maintenance get completed.
- Flexible work schedule to ensure support for teams on varying shifts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Maintain and configure Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) hardware
- Understand PLC ladder logic: can implement automation solutions within the PLC code
- Understand and apply National Electric Code (NEC) requirements
- Ability to maintain and configure Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and DC drives
- Ability to maintain, and configure servo motors
What You’ll Love About his job:
- Working as a team
- Great work life balance environment
- Awesome benefits and onsite company store
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
*Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.