Home Care Fabric Enhancers Assistant Marketing Manager - Comfort
JOB TITLE Home Care Fabric Enhancers Assistant Marketing Manager – Comfort
In the Home Care Business Group at Unilever, you not only get an opportunity to Make Your Home a Better World but also get a chance to Make our World a Better Home! Our Clean Future ambition means we want to develop products that are tough on germs & stains and convenient to use and at the same time are also kinder to the planet. To succeed, we look for people passionate about delivering purposeful, leading-edge science & technology.
Fabrics Enhancers is a rapidly growing category in Home Care worth 1,3+ B€. It is present in over 50 markets and has iconic and loved brands like Comfort and Snuggle.
It is a very exciting moment to be in Fabrics Enhancers. Strong fundamentals are in place, and ambition is to evolve the brand, portfolio, and turbo charge growth. Also, with a newly defined Brand Positioning and Brand Communication Idea, the brand is re-inventing itself to be relevant to the next generation.
The Assistant Global Brand & Innovation Manager will have a diverse role, spanning across disruptive innovation and business partnering local markets to drive success. You will be part of an experienced & diverse team, who is passionate about winning and is willing to make a difference on our sustainability agenda. The role is ideal for a marketeer looking to strengthen their capabilities across the spectrum of marketing competencies, particularly project management and premium innovation.
- Leading our Big Bet innovations strategy and innovation pipeline of key brand pillars premium, sensorial and Pure (sensitive) globally from insight to concept creation/ product qualification to launch execution, managing a cross-functional teams including R&D, supply chain, consumer market insights, and finance, as well as liaising with top local markets around the globe
- Developing 360o communication strategy, marketing plans, and creative assets (TV, Digital, PR/ Social, In-store Activation, etc.) for your innovations, collaborating closely with our world-class Creative, Design, and Media Agency partners
- Analysing business and consumer opportunities to help our brand accelerate penetration and market share and expand our portfolio into new segments, benefit spaces, and/or new formats
- Being the leader of your innovation projects, driving progress among the cross-functional team, managing marketing budget, and engaging closely with leadership teams to deliver against critical milestones
- Being seen as the leader of the brand/ your projects and a key player in building a strong, supportive, and fun organization’s culture
- Proactively owning your workplan and skills development, with support from immediate manager and senior leaders
- Lead disruptive global innovation projects (InnoFlex) end to end, to boost brand growth in selected channels; including leading cross functional teams, research workstreams, and comprehensive validation of future mixes
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Experienced Assistant Marketing with track records on project innovation.
- Excellent innovation project and team management skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate analytical thinking, data-driven decision making, and a strong sense for consumer insights.
- Passion for creativity, “eyes for beauty”, and ability to think outside of the box to generate disruptive, world-first ideas.
- Strong business acumen with good understanding of financial analyses
- Good organisational, planning, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication & influential skills: able to work effectively with stakeholders across functions, geographies, and seniorities.
- You appreciate bringing your authentic self and joys to work, appreciate that from others, being a great team player and believing in the power of teamwork – together, we can do anything!
- You have a great passion and drive for high performance and business challenges with a great desire to win
- You can think outside of the box, challenge the norm, and be excited with “never heard of” ideas that can potentially disrupt the category
- You are passionate about crafting beautiful executions that can delight the eyes and hearts of consumers, ever-curious about “what can be better”, and always on the look out for excellent benchmarks (from other categories) to reapply to your work
- You are obsessed with consumers, craving for insights and pain points, in whatever form they can come (research, social listening, life experiences, etc.), and how you can help improve their life through your work
- You have critical mind, strong strategic thinking, a “can do” attitude and you like working with a degree of independence to unleash your creativity
- You showcase ownership and accountability for your projects & know how to hold others accountable
- You believe in purposes – people with purposes will grow, brands with purposes will thrive – and in making sustainable living accessible to everyone in the future
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
In September 2020, Unilever announced the intention to build a new sustainable campus site in Kingston, London to house the employees who currently work in 100 Victoria Embankment in Blackfriars, Lever House in Kingston and Graze in Richmond. We are creating our own Unilever sustainable, agile work environment, purposefully bringing us together in our own Unilever ecosystem. The campus is due to be completed in early 2025 and will consist of two interconnected buildings, as well as landscaped surrounding areas.
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together for better business performance. We want to push boundaries, and have the flexibility needed to keep adapting in an ever-changing, more dynamic world. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
As part of your hiring journey, we are happy to support requests for reasonable adjustments, to improve your recruitment experience.
To find out more, including more information about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!