At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on ourcompany page.
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with corporate taxes. You have a strong understanding of corporate income tax accounting and compliance. You possess a desire to learn and have a collaborative approach to problem solving with cross-functional teams. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across functions and geographies. You demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally with a smile and sense of humor.
About this role
Udemy is seeking a Tax Manager to become a key member of the team in areas of global income taxes and instructor related U.S. withholding taxes. Reporting to the Tax Director, this hands-on role will be responsible for the tax provision and compliance processes and provide tax research support for global tax strategy. This role will offer the opportunity to lead and make a significant impact in shaping a high growth tech company’s income and withholding tax processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Participate in process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve the tax function by collaborating with internal stakeholders and external tax advisers and counsels.
- Lead in the completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support
- Assist in audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings
- Lead in the preparation of all jurisdictional income tax provisions including ensuring accurate and timely ASC 740 tax accounting and financial reporting disclosures
- Participate in forecast calculations regarding future effective tax rates and cash taxes
- Assist Tax Director in research complex tax issues regarding tax planning and tax law changes and be able to summarize results
- Lead in the build out the current processes for the established U.S. vendor withholding tax program
What you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of relevant tax experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and multinational corporate environment. CPA preferred
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in a team-based environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, great attention to detail and ability to work with different cross functional teams in different time zones
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ability to perform and comprehend complex financial analysis
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certificationhere and find out what it's like to work at Udemy onour blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?