Applied Scientist II - Eats Pricing
- Develop algorithms for optimizing prices at scale.
- Design pricing experiments and use data for model training and pricing decisions.
- Use data to understand product performance and to identify improvement opportunities.
- Present findings to senior management to advise on business decisions.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams across fields such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing to drive system development end-to-end from ideation to productization.
- Ph.D., M.S. or Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields. (a minimum of 2+ years of applicable industry experience for candidates without Ph.D).
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis.
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development.
- Ability to use a language like Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets.
- Proficiency in languages like SQL.
- Strong communication skills, including through documentation and presentations.
- Experience working in a marketplace-related problem space, esp. pricing optimization
- Experience designing large-scale price experiments and using the data for pricing decisions.
- Experience designing model architectures for pricing algorithms.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and a strong passion to learn and grow