Lead Product Manager, Data Platforms
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
- Define and communicate the vision, strategy, and goals that supports the Stash overall data platform vision to achieve its next level of maturity
- Collaborate closely with engineering, data science, other product managers and business stakeholders to define and prioritize data-related features and enhancements
- Champion a data-driven mindset and best practices, contribute to, and influence highly technical decisions working with senior engineering partners
- Evangelize a data-driven culture, advocating for best practices in data modeling and governance
- Ensure our data is available at scale, with high quality, in all the environments consumers need it
- Drive data platform initiatives throughout the data lifecycle, from acquisition to data ingestion, core data modeling and readiness, ensuring that internal stakeholder needs are met, and external partners are managed throughout the process
- Obsess over the ease of use and simplicity of our offering so all customers (regardless of investment knowledge) can invest and grow with Stash
- Clearly communicate, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that they themselves may not be able to articulate
- 6-8 years in Data Product Management at technology focused companies, familiarity with FinTech products, and experience with digital analytics, data collection, data aggregation, data infrastructure
- Experience working with the AWS Data Processing Infrastructure and/or 3rd party data solutions (ex: Snowflake, Databricks, etc.)
- Robust technical expertise in data modeling and database management
- Robust data analysis skills along with an understanding of technical patterns used to consume and process data at scale
- Experience working in Data Product Management, building solutions that can be leveraged by a variety of clients
- History of leading and executing in dynamic, high-growth, ambiguous environments with multiple stakeholders and dependent teams to deliver exceptional business impact
- Have extensive experience in working with data engineering teams to build best in class solutions
- Thrive at the intersection of data and business strategy with the ability understand complex business intent and translate into data requirements that promote consistent, reusable and quality data at scale
- You love getting into the details and are excited about the thought of data reliability and the creation of a data dictionary
- You get excited about thinking about how to go through transformation and the journey of going from speed to scale
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic and low ego
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems Stash is solving
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communications, including with external customers/partners
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**