Account Executive, Tock [Chicago]
Tock is looking for an experienced and motivated Account Executive to join our growing team. As a member of Tock's growing sales organization, you'll be part of a dynamic group, working with some of the world's best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world famous restaurant owners.
You will build a high-quality, strategic pipeline to guide the use of Tock with customers. As a AE, you will manage the end-to-end sales process; lead generation, solution demoing, negotiation, and hand-off to our implementation team to ensure customer success. You will report directly to the Sales Manager and be based in Chicago.
Travel to customer sites and our offices is required. This is a hybrid working schedule (Tues-Thurs out of our Chicago office).
You'll Get To…
- Pitch Tock to replace and improve current reservation systems
- Exceed sales revenue goals and overall business objectives
- Manage the entire sales process from lead generation to contract negotiation
- Become a Tock product expert to lead online and onsite product demonstrations
- Build your territory pipeline of prospects through cold-calling, internet search, and professional networking
- Manage complex sales and develop strategic plans
- Manage daily activity within Salesforce
- Work with Tock's Account Management team to ensure expectations set during the sales process are achieved during implementation
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years selling software (SaaS)
- Experience meeting sales quotas
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of restaurant operations
- Experience using Salesforce to manage pipeline
- Bachelor's Degree
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Flexible paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $63,000 - $103,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Tock employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.