Senior Art Director
Squarespace exists to help people with creative ideas stand out and succeed. And to promote and explain our product and offering, we strive to create marketing that does the same.
Senior Art Directors are strategically and conceptually strong, fluent in their craft and able to work across a wide range of deliverables and mediums including film, print, radio, out of home, social, digital, partnerships and events.
This is an onsite role that reports into our Senior Creative Manager in our Los Angeles office.
The expectation for the role is to be within commuting distance to our office space in Venice, CA, with in-person meetings and worksessions happening on a weekly basis, when applicable.
- Concept strategic & innovative marketing ideas that positively shift business metrics, while being entertaining and something the audience will want to share and/or interact with.
- Design & build presentations that clearly articulate your idea(s), both internally and externally.
- Work collaboratively with team members from different disciplines and external production partners to guide projects from start to finish.
- Be detail oriented and strive to elevate the craft of a project to be the best that it can possibly be.
- Be open and able to take on feedback and effectively implement it into the work.
- Maintain a handle on current industry trends and cultural insights so that the work you create is topical and relevant.
- Be a team player – look for opportunities to help others, not only in your department, but the broader team.
- Be a source of inspiration for others – document interesting and relevant things happening in your area of expertise and share when applicable.
- Participate in growing the culture of the team.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables and mediums.
- Substantial experience at an agency or in-house role within a marketing team.
- Impeccable visual craft and an understanding of relevant programs in order to achieve it.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture and technology.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $105,500 - $170,200 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.