Senior Product Designer, Acuity Scheduling (Growth)
Acuity Scheduling is a distinct brand and platform within the Squarespace suite of products, functioning alone or alongside Squarespace websites. The Acuity mission is to help appointment-based businesses start and grow their service businesses by allowing clients to directly schedule appointments seamlessly, giving our users more time to focus on what they love doing. This removes a significant portion of administrative burden and allows users to manage daily tasks more efficiently.
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to work cross functionally with the Acuity Growth team. This team drives two key business metrics: conversion and retention. This team is responsible for our in-app homepage, delivering user value from onboarding throughout the customer lifecycle, helping users find immediate and ongoing success on our platform. There will be opportunities to collaborate with Squarespace teams to ensure a seamless connection between our platforms. You will work with product managers, engineers, user research, product analytics, product marketing and other product designers to create a best in class scheduling experience.
You will report to our Product Design Director in Acuity Scheduling. Acuity is headquartered in New York City and you will have the option to work onsite or fully remote.
You'll Get To…
- Use a systems approach to create an intuitive and personalized user experience for any appointment based business, developing unified concepts that uplevel the entire user experience.
- Weave our new branding into the product experience through the creation of design-system components and patterns, upholding our design and experience principles.
- Be a strategic partner to cross-functional peers using innovative and creative thinking to align user needs and business goals, getting buy-in through visual storytelling, motion studies and prototyping that communicate the impact of future opportunities clearly.
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working closely with PM and Engineering partners, demonstrating personal ownership of user success and business impact of your work.
- Be a humble but thoughtful leader of craft throughout the product development process, which ultimately results in elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Craft visually refined, highly usable experiences and contribute to an emerging design system and brand expression
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to deliver product design that is on-brand and works within our CMS, as needed.
- Mentor or coach junior designers across product design as well as be coached by more senior designers.
Who We're Looking For…
- 6+ years of experience
- Knowledge of best practices regarding visual design principles of consistency, color, typography, animation and a keen eye for subtle details, awareness of current trends in design and technology
- Significant experience with UX methodologies such as service blueprints, user journeys, facilitating workshops, running usability tests, synthesizing research, prototyping, and iterating with flexibility and a learning mindset and still delivering a brand's voice and tone through visual craft
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to different audiences
- Agency, CMS, Social Media and B2C SaaS design experience is strongly considered
- Bring a POV and passion for products you design and the impact they have in the world
You will present a portfolio of 2-3 case studies that highlight your best UX design work. Outlining your process inclusive of the problem and solution (showing sketching, wireframes, visual design, sitemaps, user flows, design systems, accessibility considerations and prototyping for product experiences with a mobile-first mindset), then speak to the impact of your design decisions on the user experience and the business needs, as well as how outcomes were measured.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $140,500 - $247,250 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,700 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information about our company culture, visit www.squarespace.com/about/careers.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.