Product Manager Intern
We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization." -George Kurian, CEO
Join Spot by NetApp's Core Platform team as a Product Manager Intern and embark on a dynamic learning journey. Collaborate with Platform Engineering, contribute to the design, development, and upkeep of core platform, and gain hands-on experience in the following:
Key Learning Opportunities:
• Contribute to shaping the long-term vision and strategy for Spot by NetApp's Core Platform.
• Assist in creating and maintaining a comprehensive product roadmap, collaborating closely with Platform Engineering.
• Learn to elicit and analyze user needs, translating them into clear product requirements.
• Gain exposure to fostering a collaborative environment for seamless project execution.
• Explore Agile methodologies for iterative development and incremental releases.
• Work closely with QA to understand the importance of ensuring high-quality product standards.
• Understand the significance of monitoring product performance and tracking KPIs for continuous improvement.
Requirements for Learning:
• Pursuing a degree in computer science, engineering, business, or a related field.
• Demonstrated interest in product management and software product development.
• Exposure to basic Agile methodologies and an eagerness to understand the Scrum framework.
• Interest in platform engineering concepts and technologies.
• Developing communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Cultivating an analytical mindset with an openness to making data-driven decisions.
• Exploring the process of defining and prioritizing product features based on customer needs.
• Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative work environment.
Preferred Skills to Explore:
• Opportunity to contribute ideas for innovative solutions collaboratively.
• Exposure to cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, and their services.
• Introduction to security and identity solutions, focusing on authentication and authorization methodologies.
Embark on this exciting internship opportunity to shape the future of Spot by NetApp's Core Platform and gain valuable experience in driving cutting-edge technology for businesses worldwide. Apply now and join us on this learning adventure!
Must be enrolled in an educational or professional program through summer 2024 or later.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
NetApp is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, and any other protected classification.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
USA and Canada Residents Only:
Final compensation will be dependent on various factors relevant to the position and candidate such as geographical location, candidate qualifications, certifications, relevant job-related work experience, education, skillset and other relevant business and organizational factors, consistent with applicable law. In addition, the position may include some of the following comprehensive benefits such Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws, Company bonus/commission, employee stock purchase plan, and/or restricted stocks (RSU’s).