Enterprise Third Party Risk Governance Manager, Reporting and Analytics
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi's Risk Management team has responsibility for ensuring growth in lending and other member related activities are consistent with the company's risk appetite. The team holistically manages enterprise, credit, deposit products, fraud prevention, portfolio management, infrastructure, and business operating risks. In addition, Risk Management directly manages enterprise partners, ensures strong compliance with regulations, acts as a multi-layered second line of defense in oversight of business operations, and works to ensure risk policies enable a member-first experience.
The role of Enterprise Third Party Risk Governance Manager- Policy Governance will be responsible for leading project based initiatives to evolve SoFi’s Third Party Risk Management strategy and second line governance function for SoFi and its subsidiaries third party service providers through Policy/ process documentation enhancement and control execution refinement.
Key oversight domains include:
- Evaluate Supplier Risk Management’s policies, processes and oversight processes to ensure cross functional synergies are optimized, roadblocks reduced and control automation opportunities are enhanced
- Lead cross functional workstream communication forums to ensure collaboration and visibility into third party oversight strategies
- Lead development of cross functional process improvements in consideration of varied upstream/downstream implications, priorities and targets while influencing adoption and execution
- Provide effective communication, clarity and creative solutioning in ambiguity
- Develop and manage project based initiatives to drive Program/ process evolution
- Evaluate engagement risk and potential exposures across the supplier ecosystem
- Drive risk awareness and develop training campaigns to ensure policy and procedure adherence
- Lead control design to improve the efficacy of risk mitigation activities
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry leading leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Innovate... Bring your brightest ideas to challenge the status quo and promote operational efficacy in consideration of outsourced risk oversight guidance throughout third party life cycle (planning, due diligence, contract, on-going monitoring, and termination)
- Leave your Mark… Identify and lead implementation of supplier lifecycle process enhancements, drive operational synergies and system automation initiatives
- Provide Effective Challenge… Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including Procurement, Legal, Finance and CyberSecurity to ensure policy, process, control and executional alignment
- Collaborate… Build effective relationships with stakeholders who own and support key third party relationships; gain commitment from stakeholders to help manage and improve SoFi’s risk posture by understanding business objectives to influence solution strategies
- Be a Risk SME… Work in a self-directed, collaborative, and constructive manner with business units and our internal and external stakeholders to enhance the effectiveness of processes and controls
- Drive Performance Outcomes... Monitor the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels through issue monitoring administration and exception tracking and the oversight of remediation actions to improve overall Supplier oversight process
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of eight years of second line third party risk management experience in the financial services industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of Third Party Risk Management methodologies, risk mitigation principles and regulatory expectations related to the financial services industry
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and operating third party risk governance frameworks in consideration of other relevant regulations applicable to the financial services industry
- Ability to provide consult, insight and guidance in consideration of business strategy and third party risk appetite