Business Continuity Analyst 2LOD
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi's Risk Management team has responsibility for ensuring growth in lending and other member related activities are consistent with the company's risk appetite. The team holistically manages enterprise, credit, deposit products, fraud prevention, portfolio management, infrastructure, and business operating risks. In addition, Risk Management directly manages enterprise partners, ensures strong compliance with regulations, acts as a multi-layered second line of defense in oversight of business operations, and works to ensure risk policies enable a member-first experience.
Business Continuity Analyst be responsible for supporting SoFi (including subsidiaries) Business Continuity Framework within the Enterprise Risk Management function. The position will work directly with managing and completing business impact analysis, business continuity plans, assisting in business continuity testing & be a key individual promoting the business continuity program to improve resiliency and protect SoFi’s people, assets, infrastructure, and reputation.
By joining SoFi, you'll become part of a forward-thinking company that is transforming financial services for the better. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of an industry leading leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Implement… Lead initiatives to execute and complete business impact analysis (BIA), business continuity plans (BCP) for SoFi’s products, departments & underlying processes working cross functionally within the SoFi business continuity program policy and framework.
- Trusted Partner… Work with and educate product owners, departments and key stakeholders throughout the business to identify business critical applications, suppliers, functions, processes, and procedures as part of the Business Continuity program.
- Innovate… bring your experience and background to assist in building out and implementing an expansive business continuity framework. Share your broad experience across the organization to build business continuity best practices.
- Drive performance outcomes... deliver industry best practices, tools, systems, guidance, and training to increase awareness & focus related to business continuity.
- Provide leadership, vision, management, goals, priorities, and metrics and to the Business Continuity program.
- Work with the Business Continuity team to design, run and participate in tests or exercises, training sessions & awareness communication tools for SoFi in accordance with Business Continuity Framework & regulatory requirements.
- Be a business continuity SME... Coordinate and be an active member of the Crisis Management & Emergency Response teams.
- Establish effective, efficient, and supportive independent relationships with all functional areas and key stakeholders.
- Support regulatory examinations and other supervisory activities as required.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management, finance, business administration or related field/discipline such as, but not limited to crisis management and/or business continuity.
- 2+ years relevant experience in business continuity supporting an organization in the financial industry. Includes active involvement in supporting a business continuity program through leading & completing business impact analysis, business continuity plans and risk assessments.
- Knowledge of current business continuity planning techniques and methods utilized in completing business impact analysis and risk assessments.
- Familiarity in developing and facilitating business continuity tests and exercises
- Background knowledge of business continuity standards and frameworks
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with ability to explain business continuity, benefits, and goals of the program.
- Strong organization skills and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office products
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, work well cross functionally & independently across the entire organization.
Nice to have:
- Business Continuity certification (ABCP, CBCP, MBCP or equivalent preferred).
- Fluent in Spanish