Process Manager, Card Platform
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We seek a talented Consumer Credit Card Operations Process Manager to join our SoFi Card Platform team. This individual will collaborate with business partners and team members to facilitate the development of business rules and requirements and manage the system parameters within our processor platform. They will assist with the development of best-in-practice solutions to complex business challenges and identify opportunities to change, enhance, or streamline existing business projects and initiatives. They will be expected to act as a subject matter resource in consumer credit card operations and back-end processors set up; have the ability to connect how system parameter settings impact the up and downstream processes and communicate and manage those impacts effectively across the business unit to assure proper compliance with processes and regulatory requirements. This position interacts daily with external business partners and cross-functional internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of all operational business functions in a credit card environment, comfort with FDR - now Fiserv systems, exceptional change management skills, and strong leadership qualities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead platform implementations for cross-functional initiatives to meet Credit Card Business Units' goals and metrics.
- Control, maintain, and test First Data (now Fiserv) card platform PCF (Product Control File) and ACS (Adaptive Control System) settings for new and existing card products; translate business requirements into PCF settings and own the configuration of the core processing platform.
- Own administration responsibilities of multiple FDR - Now Fiserv systems
- Provide inputs to strengthen the credit card portfolio and controls on processes.
- Interpret platform data and help build reports to understand the overall business operational performance comprehensively.
- Partner with technology partners and business partners to understand and ensure the readiness and requirements of the platform
- Conduct regular reviews of the platform processes and procedures, identify improvement areas for better controls and/ or OpEX saves, and develop recommendations for change.
- Monitor platform key performance indicators and metrics, identify areas for improvement, and implement solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, including business, technology, marketing, risk, legal, and compliance, to ensure that credit card systems and processes are implemented effectively and efficiently.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Ensure that credit card operations and platform processes and procedures are documented, reviewed, and updated regularly to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans during and post-launch, send status reports, and maintain risk and issues logs.
- Ability to recognize and apply various regulatory parameters across credit card business workstreams.
- Develop test strategies and criteria and provide assistance with test plan creation, test execution, defect prioritization, and resolution.
- Manage and troubleshoot platform/processing system issues and drive mitigation, resolution, and controls to avoid repeated failures.
- Proactively minimize operational risk.
- Develop forward-thinking analysis to facilitate the generation of management reports and scaling of our automated processes.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience managing and implementing strategies on FDR - Now Fiserv.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly regulated environment
- Strong project management discipline and ability to deliver a variety of operational and technical solutions
- Comfortable using JIRA, Tableau, Airtable, and Smartsheet for change management.
- Ability to influence strategy with partners and within business units
- Developed analytical and investigative skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative working style and ability to work with vendors and internal teams
- Ability to recognize and apply various regulatory parameters across work streams;
- BS/BA preferred and/or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have:
- 3+ years of recent experience in Operations with ongoing increased scope of responsibilities (Consumer Credit Cards are a plus)
- Experience working in team managing Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Experience in analyzing data and creating reports using tools like Tableau.
- Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders
- Knowledge of creating business cases and prioritization of backlog
- Working knowledge of SoFi operating systems
- Experience preparing and presenting reports, forecasts, trends, and recommendations to the team and senior management