Manager, Fraud Investigations
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Manager of Fraud Investigations will be responsible for overseeing a team of Fraud Associate Managers conducting independent reviews and analysis of possible suspicious activity to ensure compliance with regulatory institutions. The Manager will conduct holistic reviews of the Fraud Investigator’s research and documented analysis and conclusions. Be responsible for approving the filing of SARs if the facts and circumstances should warrant it and assist with creating standard operating procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of Fraud Investigators to evaluate whether Fraud or abusive behavior is identified and may warrant a SAR filing. The Manager will ensure determinations are appropriate, fully supported, and clearly documented, for fraud claim cases
- Provides ongoing mentoring, coaching, and counseling to Fraud Investigators to drive production and quality goal achievement
- Work closely with Fraud Investigators to identify training needs, performance gaps, project process improvement, and provide recommendations to management
- Maintain a thorough comprehension of Fraud typologies related to retail banking and wealth management
- Collaborate with Senior Management related to ongoing projects to further enhance the Fraud program
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in a related field or equivalent work experience in the related field
- 6+ years of experience with Financial (Money/CC) Fraud
- Minimum of 2 years of direct management experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and across different business lines
- Ability to successfully lead and manage direct reports, including training, mentoring, and counseling
- Fraud SAR filing experience
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality reviews
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be able to multitask, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritize responsibilities to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment; must work well under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills required
Nice to have:
- Applicable certifications, for example, CFE, CAMS, etc
- Currently participating in peer groups to stay abreast of industry happenings