Senior Data Scientist, Pricing
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Pricing team in the Lending Organization. This is an exciting role for someone to make a direct impact on the revenue of SoFi. As a senior data scientist in our Pricing team, you will be working closely with a world-class team of business leaders and data scientists to help SoFi develop, implement and continuously improve statistical and machine learning models for price optimization.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve pricing models and strategies;
- Leverage in-house, external and other open-source machine learning software/algorithms;
- Research and apply superior data and methodology for the models;
- Perform ongoing monitoring of the models through construction of dashboards and KPI tracking;
- Interact with Pricing and Finance business leaders to ensure the models are correctly used in the decisions;
- Interact with broader Engineering teams for model deployment;
- Present model performance and insights to business leaders.
- B.S. or M.S.. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or a related quantitative field is required for this position;
- 5-7 years of industrial experience working in the area of model development in the financial services industry;
- Proven track record of end-to-end experience in model development, testing, implementation and performance tracking in the financial services industry;
- Expert knowledge of machine learning and statistical modeling methods for supervised and unsupervised learning. These methods include (but not limited to) regression analysis, clustering, outlier detection, novelty detection, decision trees, collaborative filtering, nearest neighbors, support vector machines, ensemble methods and boosting, neural networks and deep learning, feature selection, and factorization methods;
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and R (Python preferred)
- Strong knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as SQL, NoSQL, Hive, etc;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail;
- Effective communication skills and ability to explain complex models in simple terms;
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Experience in documenting models;
- Experience solving optimization problems
- Experience in building pricing models
- Experience with building/using Tableau dashboards