Senior Audio Visual Technician (Contract)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is hiring a Senior Audio Visual Technician responsible for setting up and operating audio and visual equipment across the organization. This person will have proficiency with Crestron, Polycom, Networking principles, and IP. In addition to soft skills such as communication, computer A/V project management, and manual dexterity.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate the installation of large-scale video conference rooms, AV-only rooms, and auditoriums with similar setups.
- Design room layouts, schematics, elevation drawings, and wiring schematics for installations.
Polycom VTC Systems:
- Utilize experience to install, operate, and troubleshoot Polycom video-teleconferencing systems.
- Ensure seamless integration and functionality of Polycom systems.
- Troubleshoot IP-based Ethernet for optimal AV system performance.
- Monitor Quality of Service (QoS), conduct log analysis, and ensure efficient routing.
Audio Video Hardware Configuration:
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of Audio Video hardware components.
- Conduct system designs, allocate budgets, manage vendors, and oversee new equipment installations.
- Oversee AV events, ensuring a high-quality experience for both local and remote participants.
- Maintain functionality of AV Events and Conference Rooms, promptly resolving operational issues.
- Develop detailed room management documentation, including user instructions and technical guides.
- Build comprehensive documentation reinforcing AV best practices and policies.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Prioritize the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment.
- Focus on assisting individuals in resolving issues and problems related to AV systems.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in the AV/VC industry
- Proven experience in coordinating the installation of large-scale AV setups.
- Expertise in installing, operating, and troubleshooting Polycom and Zoom video-teleconferencing systems.
- Strong design skills for room layouts, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The pace requires independent and confident thinking, self-motivation and determination
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting various Audio Video hardware.
- Good organization and time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to oversee AV events and ensure a superior experience for participants.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a keen focus on customer service.
Due to the temporary nature of this role we cannot sponsor visas.
This is a 12 month contract to hire opportunity.