Principal Product Manager, MarTech
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic, and highly collaborative product leader to build and scale marketing technology at SoFi. This role is central to the success of SoFi’s goals of driving member acquisition, engagement, and retention, towards the overall mission of SoFi to help our members get their money right.
You will have an opportunity to end-to-end own, shape and deliver world class marketing technology solutions. You will be responsible for setting the vision, identifying opportunities and key inputs, setting goals, defining the member/marketer experiences and delivering features. As a product leader in our organization, we look to you to set big, ambitious goals, be gritty, and hold yourself and your cross-functional teams accountable to deliver results on behalf of our members. You will be a vocal and empathetic customer advocate, influencing and building cross-functional experiences with stakeholders across all business units.
This role is inherently cross-functional—you will work closely with engineering, marketing, data science, design, operations, finance, risk, legal, compliance and executive teams to set business objectives, define product strategy, prioritize features and execute on them. You’ll play the critical role of driving the business while bridging the technical and business worlds to drive profitable business growth while managing risk.
What you’ll do:
- Own and define the vision, strategy and product roadmap for marketing technology at SoFi
- Identify where SoFi should continue to build out its own marketing technology stack, and when to leverage industry leading 3rd party solutions
- Identify leapfrog product features, leveraging forward thinking technology, data, tools(including ML or AI) and industry best practices that will provide a significantly differentiated value and best-in-class experience to our members, to help them get their money right
- Create and evangelize a product vision and own a multi-year product roadmap, including prioritizing and driving backlogs for launch with your dedicated engineering teams
- Communicate the vision, strategy, execution plan and customer impact/learnings to all stakeholders including the highest levels of leadership in the company
- Collaborate closely with the full cross-functional team (e.g., marketing, product, design, engineering, platform, data, compliance, risk, finance and operations) for your line of business & initiatives, to help execute on the strategic vision
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 7-10 years of product management experience
- Previous experience leading AdTech and/or MarTech cross functional teams
- Technical savvy with marketing systems and ability to partner closely with marketing leadership
- Experience mentoring / leading a product team or cross-functional team
- Full stack “operator”: ability to both create and execute the business and product strategy; with clear objectives, but limited, ambiguous, or varied direction
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing colleagues, and ultimately leading to timely tactical decision making to advance our objectives
- Flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving and ideation in a highly ambiguous environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, along with experience presenting to C-level leadership!
- Data-driven approach and excellent analytical skills
- Passion for your customers! You do right by them, always