Sr. Product Designer I - Solution & Portfolio Experiences (Remote Eligible)
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. As a member of the Experience Design team, you will shape the future of work, making our category-leading work execution platform valuable, elegant, and engaging. As a Senior Product Designer, you will apply principles of design thinking to conceptualize and create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our web and mobile apps. You will represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure new designs that meet people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director, Product Design located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Advocate for the needs of your audience through feature design.
- Collaborate with and contribute to research and customer experience partners findings.
- Contribute to and use defined patterns, guides, tools, and libraries to deliver work in service of feature design.
- Explain and defend the context, merits, and goals of your ideas and solutions across all required mediums.
- Work cross-functionally with partners and cross-product relationships.
- Create understanding across product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business goals, and technical constraints.
- Build and iterate on features that enrich our customers' experience with Smartsheet.
- Deliver all aspects of assigned work with a focus on quality and follow-through
- Support other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer, or similar role
- Experience delivering team-based design solutions within Agile SAAS or enterprise environments.
- Applied understanding of human-centered design principles.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting usability testing.
- Competent understanding and application of design craft.
- Applied understanding of the relationships between hierarchy, interaction, typography, color, and layout.
- Desire to learn and evolve your thinking across all areas of design, product, and leadership.
- Expert in Figma, Sketch, Principal, or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools.
- Degree in Design (Interaction, Product, Communication, HCD, or related) or equivalent experience.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive base salary range for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive incentive opportunity and some roles may be eligible for a RSU stock grant upon accepted offer.
California & New York: $140,400 to $194,400
All other US States: $130,000 to $180,000
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.