Senior Marketing Operations Manager
Smartsheet is a tech company with a human story to tell. We’re here to empower teams to manage projects, automate workflows, and rapidly build new secure solutions, using simple no-code tools. We’re revolutionaries – so for us changing the way the world works is all in a day’s work.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
As a Senior Marketing Operations Manager at Smartsheet, you will play a pivotal role in orchestrating and optimizing our marketing efforts. You will be responsible for overseeing processes, implementing strategies, and ensuring alignment across various marketing functions to drive efficiency, scalability, and revenue growth.
You will report to our Director, Marketing Operations located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Strategic planning: Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the organization to develop and execute marketing strategies aligned with business objectives. Translate business goals into operational plans and tactics.
- Process optimization: Design, implement, and refine marketing processes, workflows, and systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Evaluate existing tools and technologies to ensure optimal utilization and ROI.
- Data analysis and insights: Utilize data-driven insights to inform decision-making and optimize marketing performance. Develop reporting frameworks and KPIs to track, analyze, and report on marketing initiatives' effectiveness.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work closely with marketing, sales, business intelligence (BI), finance, and other teams to ensure alignment, streamline processes, and drive results.
- Technology implementation: Evaluate, recommend, and implement marketing technologies and automation tools to enhance operational efficiency and enable marketing success.
- 8+ years marketing experience with at least three years in SaaS/Software/Technology marketing; Demand Generation, Marketing Automation, Digital Marketing, or similar background desired.
- Experience with marketing B2B SaaS technology preferred.
- Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn a variety of martech platforms and business application systems, including but not limited to: CRM, Marketing Automation, Analytics, and more.
- A solid understanding of strategy, planning, execution, and tracking of marketing activities, as well as managing a marketing funnel.
- Experience working cross-functionally to drive alignment and successfully accomplish goals.
- Strong affinity to data, sales and marketing metrics, and continuous optimization.
- Very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills; must be able to prepare presentations and be comfortable speaking to groups; must be comfortable dealing with sales/executive management.
- Ability to work in the US on an ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for eligible roles
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $124,200-$178,200 All other US States: $115,000-$165,000.
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.