Senior Software Engineer II - Rails (Remote Eligible)
The Folder Fanatics team is seeking an experienced Senior Rails Engineer to join our talented full stack engineering team. You will play a pivotal role in leading the integration of our Brandfolder product into Smartsheet, working across teams and technologies and solving scalability challenges. This project is helping drive the future of content in Smartsheet, offering a chance to work on cutting-edge solutions and collaborate with top talent. In this role, you will be instrumental in developing and maintaining our Ruby on Rails applications while also playing a key part in our infrastructure development and automation using tools such as Terraform.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Manager, Engineering and can work from our Bellevue, WA office or remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Build scalable back-end services for the next generation of applications at Smartsheet
- Solve challenging distributed systems problems and work with modern cloud infrastructure
- Create and maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform to automate deployment, scaling, and management of our cloud-based services
- Lead code reviews and architectural discussions as you work with other software engineers and product managers
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and other industry best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers and designers, to deliver high-quality software solutions
- 7+ years software development experience building highly scalable, highly available applications
- 7+ years of programming experience, ideally with a strong focus on Ruby and Rails
- Proven experience with Terraform and infrastructure automation in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience developing, documenting, and supporting REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $178,200 to $253,800 | All other US States: $165,000 to $235,000.
Get to Know Us:
At Smartsheet, we’ve created a place where everyone is welcome — people from all over the world, all backgrounds, all ages, all colors, and all beliefs working side by side. Here, everyone can make a difference and empower others to do the same. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we empower everyone, everywhere to change the way the world works—join us
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.