Senior Software Engineer I - Groups & Directory Integrations (Remote Eligible)
Are you a driven, customer-focused problem solver who wants to improve the experience with user onboarding and user management for our customers? Do you want to be part of a team that is currently spearheading a company-wide initiative? Do you enjoy a collaborative working environment? If you answer “yes” to all of the above, you may be the one that we are looking for!
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Manager, Engineering located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Build scalable back-end services for the next generation of applications at Smartsheet (Java, Spring Boot)
- Solve challenging distributed systems problems and work with modern cloud infrastructure (AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Take part in code reviews and architectural discussions as you work with other software engineers and product managers
- Take a leading role in designing key areas of scalable, performant systems
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and industry best practices
- Forge a strong partnership with product management and other key areas of the business
- 5+ years software development experience building highly scalable, highly available applications
- 5+ years of programming experience with full stack technologies such Java, C# or C++
- 2+ years of experience with cloud and infrastructure technologies (AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience developing, documenting, and supporting REST APIs
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $145,800 to $210,600 | All other US States: $135,000 to $195,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, Japan and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!