Senior BI Product Analyst
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
The Senior BI Analyst - Product will work within SimpliSafe’s Product Device team to support analysis that leads to a better experience and a safer home for SimpliSafe customers. They will collaborate closely with data engineering and data analysts across the company. The role involves designing, implementing, documenting and maintaining data sources that allow for efficient collection and evaluation of BI data. To provide answers to the businesses’ most critical questions, the analyst will identify, transform and combine data sources, creating dashboards in Tableau, Amplitude, or Grafana to provide visibility into key metrics and to explore relationships between customer data and outcomes of interest. Success is defined as thoughtful, accurate, and timely delivery of key data sources and analysis, both as requested by stakeholders and independently driven.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for individuals to provide innovative solutions to our data structure with the opportunity to expand the role further into both analytics and data engineering.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work closely with producers of data sources (Data Engineering) to develop a deep understanding of SimpliSafe’s data, how it is populated and stored, and what it means
- Transform raw data sources into data sources that are usable for analyses through ETL (extraction, transformation, loading) best practices
- Build and maintain processes in SQL and/or Python that create the data sources needed for critical reporting and analysis
- Manage a pipeline of business intelligence projects and analyses in Jira, and provide updates and documentation to give visibility to stakeholders
- Build dashboards in Tableau, Amplitude, or Grafana to provide visibility into key product metrics and to visualize analyses
- Help stakeholders understand and interpret relationships between customer data and business outcomes of interest
- Identify opportunities to improve data processes, structures, and analysis; work with team to implement improvements
- Present and/or publish findings from analyses to senior-level stakeholders and executives
- Make tactical improvements to existing data infrastructure, such as standardizing similar data from different sources, identifying areas where existing data is insufficient and forensic data investigations
- Implement and recommend best practices for ETL of data across a variety of data sources for optimal data hygiene
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- Strong expertise in SQL
- Understanding of core concepts in statistics like summary statistics, t-tests, sampling
- Proficient in data acquisition and integrations applying GIT, ETL, SQL and/or Python scripting
- Proficiency in Tableau (or similar BI platforms)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Interest in innovating our data infrastructure and solutions
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
- Experience building production data pipelines
- Comfort with using (and learning) different tech stacks and solutions
- Experience in ingesting and managing data sets that are messy and/or incomplete
What we'd love to see (but isn't required):
- Experience working in a consumer products or subscription business
- Tools commonly used for data analysis and data engineering such as Jupiter Notebooks and elastic search
- Query engines such as Athena, PrestoDB, Snowflake
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.