Staff Firmware Engineer
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
We’re embracing a hybrid work model that enables our teams to split their time between office and home. Hybrid for us means we expect our teams to come together in our state-of-the-art office on two core days, typically Tuesday and Wednesday, to work together in person, and teams can choose where they work for the remainder of the week. We all benefit from flexibility and get to use the best of both worlds to get our work done.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems: home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of Americans without the hassles, long term contracts, or fees of traditional Home Security.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Camera software development team driving our current and next generation camera platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, and test C++ software for our current and next generation camera platforms in an agile development environment.
- Collaborate with internal and third-party engineering teams to develop efficient and effective software solutions.
- Values testing (unit, mock, integration) and test-based/driven software development.
- Create documentation for software design, implementation, and testing methodologies.
- Lead large feature designs and development projects.
- Investigate and diagnose software issues from QA testing and user feedback.
- Provide project timeline estimates and size of work coming down the pipeline.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years in a software development role
- Established Modern C++ (C++11, 14 and higher) language skills with experience in object-oriented software development in embedded applications
- Experience developing on 32-bit embedded systems running an RTOS or embedded Linux.
- Experience working with finite state machines and event-driven architectures
- Experience in leading the designs and developments of large, cross-functional projects
- Experience with video/audio encoding standards (MJPEG, H.264, MPEG-3) and streaming protocols (WebRTC preferred)
- Experience integrating AWS Kinesis or similar SDKs into embedded products.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.