Supervisor, Monitoring (100% On Site)
We’re a high-tech home security company that’s passionate about protecting the life you’ve built and our mission of keeping Every Home Secure. And we’ve created a culture here that cares just as deeply about the career you’re building. Ours is a no ego culture of collaboration and innovation where those seeking their next challenge can find big opportunities and make a huge impact on the lives of all those who we protect. We don’t just want you to work here. We want you to grow and thrive here.
Why are we hiring?
Well, we’re growing and thriving. So, we need smart, talented, and humble people who share our values to join us as we disrupt the home security space and relentlessly pursue our mission of keeping Every Home Secure.
What You’ll Do
SimpliSafe believes that through a combination of purposeful technology and an empathetic human touch, we enable customers to not only be safe, but feel safe as well. We are seeking values driven, leaders to supervise one of our many teams of Monitoring Experience Specialists that provide security and life saving monitoring services to our growing base of Subscribers.
Guided by the objectives and long term strategy of the company and reporting the Manager of Monitoring Experience on your assigned schedule, this position supports the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and team leadership processes in place to effectively serve and communicate with SimpliSafe’s customer base during the alarm moment.
We are looking to transform the relationship between alarm companies, consumers, and the entire alarm response ecosystem -- and are seeking leaders to help us execute that transformation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Set team goals that align with SimpliSafe’s company plan and vision to provide world-class monitoring service to meet and exceed CSAA Five-Diamond and UL Certification for Central Station Operations at the site.
- Monitor team performance and productivity to provide constructive feedback and coaching to engage and develop team members
- Build strong working relationships through communication with team members
- Take escalated calls to ensure customer satisfaction, as well as assist with in emergency dispatch scenarios
- Conduct 1:1 coaching sessions with team members to review prior month’s performance
- Prepare and submit team and individual performance reports on a consistent basis
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees to maintain or improve performance and efficiency.
- Conduct continual assessment of the team’s overall emotional well-being; react appropriately to staff’s needs in emergency and routine situations
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the leadership team to stay abreast of business needs and changes
- At times, partnering with recruiting teams during recruiting initiatives and events.
- Fostering a work environment where team members receive personal development and career progression opportunities
- Uphold standards and expectations through SimpliSafe established processes
- Availability for on call hours as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Ability to pass multiple state licensing background checks and monitoring related exams
- 3-5 years of prior monitoring experience is preferred, with a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Ability to monitor and track the receipt, transmission, and accuracy of messages processed using company emergency communications equipment and systems.
- Ability to instruct on how to make quick and accurate decisions involving life threatening and/or other emergency conditions
- Proficiency in basic computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience effectively communicating with people in emotional or physical distress
- The ability to use judgment and decision-making skills to evaluate situations, establish priorities, and resolve matters
- Strong work ethic and the drive to contribute to company goals
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting, events happening at the same time
- Ability to engender respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
Must clear background checks to meet state central station operator licensing requirements in multiple states, requiring the ability to pass state and national background checks by having no criminal convictions, guilty or nolo contendere pleas back to age 18 (including convictions that have been sealed or expunged). These state law background check requirements typically apply to the following types of offenses: felonies, class 1 or class A misdemeanors (as these are commonly referred to in many state statutes, but this may vary from state to state), offenses involving theft, sexual offenses, violence, dishonesty or crimes against a person.
What Values You’ll Share
- Customer Obsessed - Building deep empathy for our customers, putting them at the core of our work, and developing strong, long-term relationships with them.
- Aim High - Always challenging ourselves and others to raise the bar.
- No Ego - Maintaining a “no job too small” attitude, and an open, inclusive and humble style.
- One Team - Taking a highly collaborative approach to achieving success.
- Lift As We Climb - Investing in developing others and helping others around us succeed.
- Lean & Nimble - Working with agility and efficiency to experiment in an often ambiguous environment.
We wholeheartedly embrace and actively seek applications from all individuals, no matter how they identify. We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we believe our work is enriched when we incorporate a multitude of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We want everyone who works here to thrive and contribute to not only our mission of keeping every home secure, but also to making our workplace safe and supportive for others. If a reasonable accommodation may be needed to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of a position, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.